[Expedition/DSSA] Search for the Pequod

No sooner do I give up on looking for them do I hit the jackpot. Like, every other jump on the return trip has an NSP, and one of them has a crystal shard site too! Once I get back to the FC I'll dump the bookmarks here.

Alright, the following systems have the Pods in them. Cereulum being the most common and Viride being most rare.

Whookua JXA d1-5
Whookua SK-A c3-0
Pre Eaeb GE-E d13-1
Pre Eaeb CY-F d12-10 -- Crystalline Structure Bio Site with Tellurium on B 10 A
Pre Eaeb EW-L c24-3
Pre Eaeb KZ-M d8-9
Pre Eaeb HG-F c14-2
Pre Eaeb BA-H c13-3
Pre Eaeb WG-S d5-5

After the last one, I did not find any more back to the carrier.

Some observations:
  • Cutoff occurred at around (3400, -77, 10990); not sure how this factors in.
  • Codex observations held correct until that cutoff occurred, within the cutoff limits even a single water world in the system was enough to have a proto lagrange cloud with pods in them.
  • They can occur within rings of planets, but mostly found in proto lagrange accompanied by icy and metallic crystals. In the rings they may show up by themselves.
  • Research limpet will return the various Pod tissue samples as loot.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think everyone left. I was back over the weekend with my other FC to top up the tritium, but left again :(

I really want to look for more pods, but I'm feeling a bit 'explored out' right now.

My fellow Cmdrs and I, onboard my fleet carrier, have arrived at Gam Nine's location today, on our way to Magellan's Star. Expect some crowd in Cartographer's room during next several days since we're leaving on Sunday morning. :)

My fellow Cmdrs and I, onboard my fleet carrier, have arrived at Gam Nine's location today, on our way to Magellan's Star. Expect some crowd in Cartographer's room during next several days since we're leaving on Sunday morning. :)
Feel free to stock up on fuel etc, I think we even have a few guidebooks in the gift shop (y)

Happy New year!
Arrived and docked with the Gam Nine and have relaxed here a few days before continuing on my last stretch to Magellan's Star; the main destination on this personal solo expedition of mine. Hoping to meet up with some of the cmdrs on The Magellan Experience expedition out here.
My last stop was at the Explorer's Bar & Grill in Arms End which was a rather challenging place to reach, boostjumping almost 3000LYs. But it's always a rewarding and nice feeling when you've done your last jump before arriving at the "hard to reach" destinations. I've discovered some amazing systems with lots of waterworlds, a few AMW's and even a couple of Earthlikes. An as an extra little bonus I got a first footfall claim here in the Ostium Tenebris.

After crossing the galaxy a few times, I have really learned to appreciate these "safe havens" out here in the distant black, so thanks for the stay! All fueled up and repaired, my "Prometheus" will soon be ready for departure later tonight.

As a small contribution to the hospitality on Gam Nine I visited the Cartographics office and got rid of about half a billion in explorer data before leaving.

o7

Pla Aick GA-A e1 (20220105-220812).jpg

Attachments

• System map.jpg
    System map.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
In case anyone is docked on the DSSA Gam Nine: we're going to upgrade to add the new Odyssey facilities soon (probably tomorrow). This will mean we are swapping the carrier designated Gam Nine with a replacement - if you are docked then please move to the new FC when it arrives. The old one will be decommissioned in-place at the end of April.

This deployment also means we can restock on Galactic Travel Guides, which have been out of stock in the book repository for a while.

Say welcome to the new CMDR of the the DSSA Gam Nine - Altimus.

1647609617949.png

We now have all Odyssey internals available - including enough materials behind the bar for five lucky CMDRs to upgrade their Artemis guides to G2! (Please don't take more than you need - sadly space behind the bar is very limited).

1647609690696.png

We also have an array or rare salvage for those with their own space ships. Be aware that some may have some corrosive influence on your ship, buy at your own risk. Galactic Travel Guides are always popular out here, stock up before they sell out!
1647609112544.png

Our original CMDR Minimus and their FC will stay nearby until the end of April, at which point it will be decommissioned, so if you have ships on board best get over to the new carrier. Docking is now restricted at the original carrier.

We are still in Pla Aick GA-A e1 around planet 2 - if you're in the area please feel free to drop by - we also have Tritium for sale at reasonable prices!

1647609845670.png

Yeah, as far as I can tell the carrier ID is deterministic. If I'm right, it's generated off of your internal account ID number and will always be the same. Using 6 alphanumeric characters, there are slightly more possible combinations than you can store in the positive half of a signed 32 bit integer. That is, it has over 2 billion possible combinations. So by doing some sort of bitwise manipulation of your account number, they can make something that looks "random" but is guaranteed to be unique, and will never run out during the lifetime of the game.

It stays indeed constant after the first generation, within your account, i.e. if you decomission your carrier and buy it again it will have the same ID. It will even keep the same ID while the decomissioned one is still in game so you can end up having multiple (at least two, don't know if more) carriers with same name and ID in the same system. Of course only one will be active, the other(s) will be pending decomission. I am fairly sure the first three letters of the ID are related to the carrier vendor you buy the carrier from (i.e. multiple carriers from one vendor, at least in a short period of time have the same first three letters ID).
I don't know if the last three letters are kind of a sequence or generated by the CMDR account.

DSSA Gam Nine restock complete

Bar now has mats for Artemis upgrades - I was quite surprised to be cleaned out so fast last time :)

1653131451628.png

and market topped up with Tritium and a few other things

1653131579959.png

1653131622489.png

Top Bottom