Exploration Data inf+ Value?

Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how much inf+ value Cartographic Data provides when cashed in? I'm currently trying to help boost a faction's inf+ by running passenger missions and 'honking' the systems as I pass through. The reward then being cash, inf+ and rep+ stuff for completing the mission, plus cashing in the collected 'honk data' where distance travelled allows. I wondered if, from a faction's inf+ point of view, I'd be better to ignore the passenger mission stuff and just head out to properly scan systems, Earthlikes, Water World etc and bringing back more valuable CData to cash in and boost the faction's inf+ percentage. Wasn't sure if that would be a better plan than going where the passengers dictated and potentially wasting time.

I am not sure about Influence but selling Cartographic Data at a station does increases the Reputation greatly of the controller of the station. When I first moved to Colonia, I gathered lots of scanned data and sold them in batches at various stations there to increase my Rep so I get better missions. From one of the discussions in the forum below, it does suggests that selling data increases Influence as well. I just never consciously tracked it.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...data-gives-positive-influence-but-how.407718/

i don't know of a clean test (will you do one?) - but generally missions and exploration data provide influence from different "sources" ("buckets"), unopposed you won't gain much (if any) after 10+ by missions, so at that point latest you are better off scanning.

in best case you combine all "sources" ("buckets"), and beside missions you hand in exploration data, trade and redeem the factions bonds/bounties.

check out the backgroundsimulation subforum!

Last edited:
I went from default to allied with around 15-20M Cr in exploration data FWIR, not sure if that's typical - NB the faction must be the controlling faction at the station the data is sold.
Not sure how that relates to the inf++ stuff tho' - is there an equivalent 'number of +'s?
Don't know if different factions have different 'values'.

I just read the link above - I still don't know, but it was an interesting read :)
o7

Last edited:
I went from default to allied with around 15-20M Cr in exploration data FWIR, not sure if that's typical - NB the faction must be the controlling faction at the station the data is sold.
Not sure how that relates to the inf++ stuff tho' - is there an equivalent 'number of +'s?
Don't know if different factions have different 'values'.
o7
that's typical - actually 12 mio should get you to allied if neutral.
1,5 mio are 15% reputation.
i highly doubt the same applies to influence gain. at least it is decoupled for trade (where you gain 15% reputation for 1,5 mio profit, but are capped at 1,5 mio - while influence gain is not capped at 1,5 mio profit, and isn't bound to total profit, but to tonnage, profit per ton (capped at 20000 cr/t).
but i don't know of a recent clean test on influence gain by exploration data.

Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how much inf+ value Cartographic Data provides when cashed in? I'm currently trying to help boost a faction's inf+ by running passenger missions and 'honking' the systems as I pass through. The reward then being cash, inf+ and rep+ stuff for completing the mission, plus cashing in the collected 'honk data' where distance travelled allows. I wondered if, from a faction's inf+ point of view, I'd be better to ignore the passenger mission stuff and just head out to properly scan systems, Earthlikes, Water World etc and bringing back more valuable CData to cash in and boost the faction's inf+ percentage. Wasn't sure if that would be a better plan than going where the passengers dictated and potentially wasting time.

Do I understand it correctly, that you are talking about boosting the influence of the faction in a system, not your own relationship with such a faction, right? You are interested in helping particular faction to expand, right?

Because that is what I understand and I believe all other people here are talking about your relationship with the faction, again, if I understand everyone's response correctly...

If so, I would suggest you read this thread and then maybe ask Jane Turner, who seems to be very knowledgeable in this area...

Do I understand it correctly, that you are talking about boosting the influence of the faction in a system, not your own relationship with such a faction, right? You are interested in helping particular faction to expand, right?

Because that is what I understand and I believe all other people here are talking about your relationship with the faction, again, if I understand everyone's response correctly...

If so, I would suggest you read this thread and then maybe ask Jane Turner, who seems to be very knowledgeable in this area...

Yep, that's correct, boosting a factions's influence is what I meant. 👍🏼 Thanks very much for the info.

Top Bottom