Exploration Related Question Regarding Fines.

I am currently 3k LY into my first serious survey and realized that I somehow have a 200 credit fine from Fujin station (Corn Running funded my exploration :p ) I do not have the red "Wanted" Status showing, but I've heard that fines turn into bounties after a time. How screwed am I upon my return to the bubble?

Just head for a suitable outpost and pay it off before going to refit and sell your data. Or go sell your data to another major faction first

Don't try to sell your data in Fujin and you are ok I think since its an independent system?
If you are only coming back in more than 2 weeks time then it may have automatically cleared with Powerplay changes, although I wouldn't count on that.

Either way if you are in an ASP just land at an outpost since there is no system security there, you will be safe no matter what as long as you can avoid the interdictions on the way.

Edit: Slightly ninja'd :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies all.

You won't, you are in a system with out any laws, there's no-one there to want you.

It's been so long since I was in civilized space I had forgotten that :p Now, will reputation standing effect things in any way? I was in good stead with Fujin before I left (Other than the fine)

Thanks for the replies all.

It's been so long since I was in civilized space I had forgotten that :p Now, will reputation standing effect things in any way? I was in good stead with Fujin before I left (Other than the fine)

Yeah you'll probably take a pretty big knock, go pay the bounty when you get back (Stealth in) and see what the damage is. If you were allied before you could be friendly or even neutral after. I doubt hostile but wouldn't be 100% sure since I've always managed to pay off fines on time before...

I am currently 3k LY into my first serious survey and realized that I somehow have a 200 credit fine from Fujin station (Corn Running funded my exploration :p ) I do not have the red "Wanted" Status showing, but I've heard that fines turn into bounties after a time. How screwed am I upon my return to the bubble?

You will be hunted like a mangy dog, don't come back. Stay out there, stay free, stay happy.

Or you could totally ignore me and listen to all the good folk who posted before me :D

I just logged back in and realized that my fine is dormant, all that worry for nothing :p I'll just have to make sure I get it taken care of in case I ever want to go corn runnin again :D

You will be hunted like a mangy dog, don't come back. Stay out there, stay free, stay happy.

Or you could totally ignore me and listen to all the good folk who posted before me :D

I will spend most of my time in Elite free and happy ;) however, I must make brief trips back to upgrade! While I will likely always keep my Asp, I will at some point craft an exploration centric Python (I know, not an ideal explorer, but I am rather fond of the look :p )

Top Bottom