Exporting camera controls

I use an Xbox360 controller for my camera suite. A bit later on today I’ll be adding one to my wife’s PC as well, replacing a less than great Logitech F710.

Is there any way I can export my camera controls and import them onto her machine, or will she have to setup from scratch?

Thanks.

Open your binds configuration (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\Custom.2.0.binds) in a text editor; Notepad will do, Notepad++ is friendlier.

Look for "PhotoCameraToggle", and copy everything starting at that block down to the end of "FStopInc" into your wife's custom binds file, replacing that same content.

Open your binds configuration (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\Custom.2.0.binds) in a text editor; Notepad will do, Notepad++ is friendlier.

Look for "PhotoCameraToggle", and copy everything starting at that block down to the end of "FStopInc" into your wife's custom binds file, replacing that same content.

Had a feeling it would be something like that, but wasn’t sure of the exact block(s) to cut. Thanks!

(and yes, Notepad++ is awesome, especially after a little UI customisation)

I just hope the order is the same everywhere :p

If you're using entirely the same controls, you could just create a copy of the file, call it something like "TheMan.binds", put a friendly name into PresetName at the top of that file, and copy it wholesale. It should then be available as a separate control scheme in the dropdown.

I just hope the order is the same everywhere :p

If you're using entirely the same controls, you could just create a copy of the file, call it something like "TheMan.binds", put a friendly name into PresetName at the top of that file, and copy it wholesale. It should then be available as a separate control scheme in the dropdown.

We use different HOTASs so I can’t do a global replace, sadly. But thanks again for the info...even if the order is different I can still figure it out.

FYI, you can rename your custom.binds file. After you do that, the game will list THAT particular combination as an option to select, allowing you to change the hardware you use without having to rebind your controls every single time.

edit: ninja'd ;)

Last edited:
Actually, that reminds me - I need to install Xpadder on her machine so she can take screenshots using one of the triggers.

Top Bottom