Federal Election: An Independent Perspective

Federal Election: An Independent Perspective
14 OCT 3309

Slap.png

YKE Technologies, an Independent Xeno Peace Research Organization, is closely observing the Federal presidential election with considerable concern. The Board of Directors believes the outcome of this election may play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Interspecies cooperation, particularly from the perspective of Humanity. To convey the viewpoint of an Independent organization, the Board has reached out to multiple YTEC employees, with the aim of gathering and publishing our unified stance on the Federal Election.

Some employees are still finalizing their stances, and each statement will be added to the post over time.

CMDR Dylan D, CEO of YTEC & Director of Starshield, delivered a lengthy emotional statement focusing on the plight of a Xeno Activist:
"The Hudson Cabinet's relentless branding of Xeno Activists as 'traitors' or 'terrorists' cuts deep for all of us. It's totally contrary to our beliefs. Following the Dedicant Tragedy, the Proactive Detective Bureau resorted to intimidation tactics and legal threats broadcast through Galnet, casting a dark shadow over practically all Xeno Activist groups. This forced us to drastically curtail our own Xeno Peace activities, all in a desperate attempt to shield members from unwarranted Federal scrutiny. Please take note of Jerome's long-term proximity to the Hudson Cabinet, and how he supports the PDB."

"The thought of President Archer doesn't sit well with me. At all. Though I must admit, the Rochester Family of Altair's proximity to the Liberal Party is equally concerning, considering what Jupiter Rochester was up to. Personally, I hope that Winters emerges victorious. Lesser of two evils so to speak."

CMDR Cloudfall, Director of the Treasury, shared their stance on the ongoing Federal elections:
"In my opinion Human politics have been on the back burner for a long while now due to the ongoing Invasion. However, electing someone that doesn't even consider peace restricts our options of dealing with and surviving this conflict drastically, it is PARAMOUNT to keep peaceful options available to ensure the best chances for all of us."

Captain Milly Woodard, head of external operations, shared her personal thoughts on the matter:
"I hope that the citizens within the Federation recognize that choosing Jerome Archer equates to re-electing Zachary Hudson once more. We're left with no choice but to exercise patience until the 15th has passed, but I encourage both Federal and Independent agencies to undertake a comprehensive audit of this election, meticulously ensuring the absence of any cheating or malpractice. We were told that the votes will be 'recorded and collated over the next four days via secure digital systems', but the Board anticipates malpractice with a high degree of certainty."

CMDR Pranafox, Veteran of Starshield, specifically shared her personal thoughts on how the ongoing election could impact Interspecies relations:
"Look at the current conflict, and the current relations between Human powers. We're all stuck in a very vulnerable and volatile state, and the right elected officials making the wrong decisions could easily set the matchbox into a blaze. The conflict with the Thargoids is already nasty enough, and we'd ideally not elect people that make any rash decisions that end up enraging the Thargoids again and making things somehow worse than they already are. We don't want to accelerate things."

CMDR Kira Goto, Veteran Cartographer, highlighted both candidates whilst expressing personal apprehension towards future Interspecies conflict:
"I believe it would be preferable for Winters to be elected, which would be the better outcome for the people in the long term, and turn the Federation away from becoming an oppressive surveillance state, ultimately preserving democracy within, while focusing on the actual citizens’ needs and desires more. Were Archer to be elected, the Federation would likely go down a much darker path."

"Winters’ own, more moderate, tendencies, could also serve as a better starting point for an eventual de-escalation with the Thargoids, if that opportunity ever presents itself. Her political rival’s ambitions may serve well in the short term, but I don’t believe that he would present a good candidate for diplomatic efforts in a post-war galaxy, seeing his plans to increase military spending. It should be remembered that President Hudson unjustly declared war on the Thargoids when they began to rightly defend their resources, technology and territory. His protégé may well do the same."

CMDR Mush Room, a new member of Starshield, opened up briefly about their perspective on the upcoming Federal Election:
"While Winters looks to be the more reasonable choice over Hudson Archers' surveillance fantasies, her associates should not be trusted.
Hudson helped with both hands to dig the hole humanity is sitting in right now, may Winters be able to undo some of that."

-.. --- .-- -. / .-- .. - .... / - .... . / -.-. .-.. ..- -...

In an effort to foster mutual understanding across both sides of the aisle, the Board has also sought a comment from CMDR Miseri, who serves as the spokesperson for Azimuth Biotech Logistics:
"Azimuth Biotech is motivated more by the protection of humanity and its future then factional politics and no matter who wins the Federal election we are sure to work together for the safety and preservation of all human life in the Federation and elsewhere."

"While we ourselves cannot say if the company is backing one or the other candidates we do want to urge everyone to think about the events of the last years and make the choice they feel is right for them and who ever they believe will be the best leader for the Federation in these historic times."

The latest voting polls from Federal systems show that both Jerome Archer and Felicia Winters are practically tied at this point. The outcome is going to be a close and contentious one.
Fortunately the voting window ends on October 15th, 3309, with the results verified by Monday to determine the victor of the 3309 Federal presidential election.

Last edited:
The Board of Directors have just received an update from Galnet which indicates a victor has been selected!

FELICIA WINTERS ELECTED AS FEDERAL PRESIDENT​

Full Article Here

"The Federation has voted to elect Felicia Winters as its next president, with a four per cent vote majority over her rival Jerome Archer. The current shadow president of the Liberal Party will be officially inaugurated in the new year, entering an eight-year term of office. Congressman Isolde Rochester will also be sworn in as vice president in Winters’s administration. "

The Board of Directors released a joint-statement following the conclusion of the Federal Presidential Election:
"If there were to be another Federally-supported Xeno Peace Event, we have full confidence that President Winters' capable leadership would ensure smooth operations. Unfair practices are not a part of her operating style, unlike former President Zachary Hudson. Furthermore, it's also invigorating to hear from Jasmina Halsey once again, given her significant historical connection to Xeno Peace. We look forward to the Federation's future."

"Is Felicia Winters safe?"

CMDR & CEO Dylan D also unleashed an abnormally hostile personal statement directly towards the former President himself:
"Zachary Hudson, this is for your ears only... If you or your cronies dare to meddle with the transfer of power, be prepared for your own Maelstrom of consequence. We cherish the path to Peace, but remember, Peace is not without Protection. Even in the gentlest of grasslands, there are always serpents lurking, and a serpent can only coil so far before they snap, Mr. Hudson."

In other unrelated news, YTEC researchers have been deployed to Barnacle Matrices, after receiving u̸n̶v̶e̴r̴i̸f̸i̸e̴d̷ ̶r̵e̶p̸o̶r̶t̴s̶ ̸o̷f̴ ̴r̷a̸p̸i̶d̸ ̴g̶r̵o̵w̷t̴h̶.̷ ̸

Top Bottom