Ships Federal Gunship - Thoughts?

There's no prefix for this ship yet, so I chose the FBC... sorry.

Anyway, I'm looking into buying this beast. 7 guns looks tasty and I like the aesthetics (yes, like).

So, to those who have flown one:
-How does it sound?
-What's the cockpit like?
-Is it any good??
-How does it handle?

Thanks!

Magpie842

It's on par with the Dropship. It handles very poorly, is very slow, has terrible shields, but it has lots of armor. It sounds fantastic and the cockpit is virtually identical to the FDS and FAS, with very good visibility. If you buy a Federal ship, the only real choice is the FAS.

Tried a full turret loadout during the Beta and it's surprisingly effective, you wont have the DPS if fixed or gimballed weapons but you'll be able to target and hit the ships as you trundle around ;), agreed the FAS is a sound combat vessel a bit like a Vulture with a lot less power issues.

I tried it in Beta. You can upgrade the shields high enough to get it near the Vulture using boosters, but to the detriment of your weapon setup if you like Beams.

The ship handles a little better than the Dropship, less drift. It is slow though, but quite a powerhouse and pitches very well despite the poor thrusters. I used that ship for the greater part of the Beta, and really enjoyed it as it reminded me to some degree of my anaconda when it came to the firepower, and handling to some extent, but it does feel quite a bit lighter and like I said, when you have another ship in your sights, it pretty much desimates anything. Even packed with laser weapons, the distributor handled the firepower well.

Setting up the weapons will be the most difficult to work out to find your right setup. Especially if you reduce what weapons are available to you by adding 3 boosters to the 4 utility slots.

Top Bottom