Feedback on 1.4.2

Thank you so much for fixing the UI breaking with timeline pins, sad to see multi select disabled but hopefully it can come back soon with some improvements. Hopefully we get a fix to animals escaping via just clipping through the habitat walls (they don't always escape, more often they just clip right back into the enclosure). Still would greatly like to see a reduction to Polar Bear enclosure size, especially if diving is being considered as a feature for them. in 2,000m of water, guests would NEVER see them unless you made a long narrow enclosure. Maybe a half reduction or more? Like 1000m-1500m land and 500m water? I know the polar bears are supposed to present a unique challenge but due to this outrageous size requirement many in franchise opt not to have them or use them in sandbox with their needs turned off. :( Not a fun way to enjoy such an iconic animal.

They already halved the polar bear from its original size - it used to be 12000m2 of land when it first dropped. They changed it but through gritted teeth, so I don't think they're likely to change it again. IMO the best way to use the polar bear is in Sandbox Mode with animal welfare turned off. You can still meet welfare requirements if you wish, but it means that you can build a much more compact and suitable habitat (it also means you can use a lot more foliage than the game allows).

They already halved the polar bear from its original size - it used to be 12000m2 of land when it first dropped. They changed it but through gritted teeth, so I don't think they're likely to change it again. IMO the best way to use the polar bear is in Sandbox Mode with animal welfare turned off. You can still meet welfare requirements if you wish, but it means that you can build a much more compact and suitable habitat (it also means you can use a lot more foliage than the game allows).
Still shouldn't have to, should be able to enjoy an animal in every gamemode. If an animal/mechanic is only really feasible in one gamemode (sandbox) then there is obviously something wrong and needs fixed/tweaked. This is Planet ZOO, not Planet Realism Sim. No zoo in the world would dedicate so much space to a single species, sanctuaries perhaps. But not zoos.

Still shouldn't have to, should be able to enjoy an animal in every gamemode. If an animal/mechanic is only really feasible in one gamemode (sandbox) then there is obviously something wrong and needs fixed/tweaked. This is Planet ZOO, not Planet Realism Sim. No zoo in the world would dedicate so much space to a single species, sanctuaries perhaps. But not zoos.

You do realise that I don't disagree with you, right? I'm simply telling you it's probably not going to change again. They were reluctant to halve it in the first place.

I really hope we will get smaller Space Requirements for the Polar Bear. I was so excited to add them to my current Zoo. Then I've built a Enclosure in Sandbox-Mode just to see how big it would be and I almost wanted to cry because of this Decision for such unrealistic Requirements. I didn't even think about the Creation of a Polar Bear Building since then even though I was so excited and I have such a perfect Spot for it

Back
Top Bottom