Horizons fighter bay mod idea

I came up with an idea to improve on the fighter bay, why not use one instead of fighters use it to carry a ship, it would have to be small like the eagle or sidewinder, also the bay would need to be the large one, this would then make the larger ships more accessible to the smaller ports. Also this could improve exploration, i.e large ship for travel, small one for quicker scouting :).

This has been discussed before and rejected by Frontier.

Since I have zero interest in adding another weapon system to my ship (which is basically all fighters are), I currently have no use for ship launched fighters. But I'd love to have a small 'freight hauler' slot for my Anaconda. Fit it with a ship that has super cruise only (no hyperspace jump) and room for say 64 units of cargo: this would make it possible for me to use my Anaconda for trade at small stations my big- ship can't land at. It would also be handy for planetary landings: leave the big ship in orbit, take the freight hauler down to the surface fitted with an SRV bay.

But apparently this isn't in the cards, as much sense as it might make. I'm not sure why, although I'm sure someone will shout 'unbalanced!' very loudly now.

its a shame as it will bring more possibility's to the game, atm im using an anaconda with a fighter bay, as this ship is slow, I have found out that you can use the fighter so scan the planet surfaces for the poi`s and the installations and crash sites, this has made the job a whole lot faster.

Top Bottom