Fighting animals returned to habitat by vet

So when animals mature, the dynamics change and with some species, like red deer, the fighting starts immediately. So obviously, I have to remove the newly mature male from the herd right away. But I often get caught up in managing other things in my zoo, so I don't see that the males are mature until I get the message that they were fighting and the younger one is injured. So he can't be sold or released. I call the vet and they take him away, but as soon as he is healed, back to the main habitat he goes. Meanwhile, I'm busy managing other zoo things, and I discover he is injured. Again.

Rinse, repeat.

It's driving me bonkers with some species. But aside from sitting and staring at the habitat for a long period of time and grabbing the young male the second the vet returns him, I can't seem to stop this.

Wish the vets would return the animals injured fighting to the trade center (if there is room) and not the habitat they were injured in.

A possible work-around that has worked for me (which I realize isn't as ideal as a fix) is to move the animal to the trade center first. From there, you can move them to quarantine, and the vets will then take them to surgery -- only this time they will return them back to quarantine, instead of back to the habitat. You'll get a notification that the animal has passed quarantine, and now you can put them in the trade center for real.

I admit that it's definitely an annoying work-around, but may be worth a try to get out of the the rinse/repeat cycle!

I've found 'moved to trade center' animals injured and then put them in the quarantine, which then sends them to vet and then sends them to the habitat. It's done this several times so far. The only common element is that it is the same zoo they were born/living in. So .. maybe, this will work if you use another zoo.

Because of this and the ability to gene match potential pairs being an issue if the animals are from different zoos, I created a simple zoo with just a quarantine, vet and trade center. I can then deal with pairing up identifiers in their names in this zoo, and trade out those I'm not keeping, and heal injured animals with no fears of them being sent to their habitat. It might not work for you but that's an option.

Back
Top Bottom