First main feeders then "toy feeders"

Zookeepres should first fill up main feeders before filling up "toy feeders", because they are not doing that, my baby tigers died to hunger..

Enrichment is all the means put in place by zoological parks to ensure an appropriate environment in terms of stimulus, complexity and variability for captive animals. There are different types of enrichment: food, structural, cognitive, social, olfactory etc. This allows them a certain degree of choice and control over their environment, and thus an improvement of the conditions in captivity and well-be psychological. It is recognized that getting closer to the diversity and frequency of wildlife behaviours is a way to increase this well-being. So I guess this is why PlanZoo team prioritize enrichment feeders over regular meals, because this is how it is done in real zoos nowadays and this is how it should be done. Researches have proven this. Animals need to search for their food, just like in the wild.

Did you put enough enrichment items in your habitats for all your animals? You can check that out in the enrichment tab of an animal. If zookeepers do not fill the food enrichment items, then you may not have enough staff in the workzone or these are not accessible? Please check this out and let us know! I wish there were tips and more explainations about enrichment mechanics ingame!

This is interesting, I am looking forward to your feedback, because I take good care of the amount of food enrichment I put in my habitats according to the number of animals (and babies) inside, and I never encountered this issue since launch. So this looks like a bug if you did everything right.

There is no problem with enrichment feeders, i am speaking of Normal feeders...
I would like to see that zookepers actually go and fill up first the main feeder and then the enrichment feeders...

The thing is: If there is no additional bug at work, enrichment feeders are actually superior to the "normlal" ones, as they provide food (and it is really just the normal food that will feed animals, not "treats" or something like that!) AND entertainment!
There is really no need to prefer the trays over the enrichment feeders, as long as all animals are fed.

I prefer them filling enrichment items first - it means that the animals play with their enrichment feeders and get stimulation rather than just feeding at a tray (though I love that they do this communally).

That said, I haven’t had any animals be hungry or starve due to the food trays being empty, so maybe it’s buggy for you?

I had also issues with the baby tigers refusing to eat from pumpkins/boards. Putting them in quarantine seemed to fix the buggy ones (and feeds them so they dont stave/dehydrate).

That said now I'm having a different issue in that my zookeeper is feeding the gorillas twice the amount of food they need and it's flooring my finances. They fill up 2+ arboreal feeders and one of them is never even touched before the food goes off (if I don't put down 2+ feeders he just throws the food on the floor instead). Costing me even more than the tigers and I can't work out how to fix it other than storing the adults until the babies grow up.

Food costs/feeding in general is so wonky in this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom