Astronomy / Space First photo of black hole recorded

This is a fun image..

m87_black_hole_size_comparison.png
Our solar system is really small.

It’s really amazing that we haven’t been to Mars yet.

:)

Thus I'm very aware of the fact that digital (composite's) photo's can be altered and to some degree, have done so, just to see if I could match some of the supposed NASA photo's. Its amazing how much even I as a complete amateur, can get a photo taken from my 12 inch on Earth to look similar to photo's taken by Hubble.

One of the nice features of modern science is that we are more-or-less required to show our work. In this case, the Astrophysical Journal has collected the relevant papers into a special issue, which is available to the public here: https://iopscience.iop.org/journal/2041-8205/page/Focus_on_EHT

I encourage you to browse through those papers and consider whether it is more likely that they did the work they describe, or wrote several hundred pages of fairly technical material describing exactly how one would do such an observation, including spending millions of dollars and years of effort building cutting-edge instrumentation, before whipping something up in Photoshop.

Our solar system is really small.

It’s really amazing that we haven’t been to Mars yet.

:)

Well, I've been there many times. :)

Jokes aside. Mars is very far away from Earth. With our current technological level, we would perhaps be able to bring some passengers there alive, but the chances of getting them back are slim, and so are their chances of staying alive on Mars.

Mars is often suggested as our last chance of escape, once we have destroyed Earth. If it is difficult to bring a few humans, how can anyone believe that we will ever be able to terraform the planet or even more bizare: How would we be able to supply just the energy needed to transport +10 billion humans there? Sorry, but it's a crazy fantasy.

We are already so many humans on Earth that we are quickly running out of resources. Mars has roughly the same surface as land on earth. No room for oceans there. There are no water, no oxygen, no protecting atmosphere, no food and no supermarket.

"It’s really amazing that we haven’t been to the Moon yet.

'We' left some laser reflectors that have been used multiple times to accurately measure the distance of the moon (and it is how we know it is moving away from us). Sure robots 'could' have left them, but it was part of the Apollo mission landings (and been there since then).

Still that was just for information just in case you didn't know about it, but i fully expect you do and have heard the many counter theories, so i am unlikely to shake your (life long?) bias here.

Still why would NASA, a government agency lie about getting to the moon, especially as it was a huge two-fingers at Russia during the cold-war years. I'm 100% sure if Russia had actual proof they would bring it to bloody the nose of the Yankees! Not to mention the global public humiliation not to forget to mention the domestic chaos (what administration would want 'fake moon landing' on their CV for all time!). And why has the real absolute truth not been leaked by now? So many people worked on the 'space race', there must have been atleast one disgruntled former employee that saw what was going on (re fake landings) and would speak out about it, or leak credible stuff to the press. Occams razor etc.

Anyway you believe what you want, that is your prerogative, just don't expect to see me agreeing with you on this particular subject, being a victim of black-ops is not the best use of ones time i find ;)

Jokes aside. Mars is very far away from Earth. With our current technological level, we would perhaps be able to bring some passengers there alive, but the chances of getting them back are slim, and so are their chances of staying alive on Mars.

Mars is often suggested as our last chance of escape, once we have destroyed Earth. If it is difficult to bring a few humans, how can anyone believe that we will ever be able to terraform the planet or even more bizare: How would we be able to supply just the energy needed to transport +10 billion humans there? Sorry, but it's a crazy fantasy.

We are already so many humans on Earth that we are quickly running out of resources. Mars has roughly the same surface as land on earth. No room for oceans there. There are no water, no oxygen, no protecting atmosphere, no food and no supermarket.
I have no doubt about your words when I look at your avatar.

:D

Ha, if “we” go there it will only be the few selected, forget the peasants, they can stay on earth, we can on,y hope the 1% will leave the sooner the better, so we can stop being a useful resource for their agendas.

Tesla was close to solve the energy problem, but was shut down, due to greed. I still think the earth is a better change to survive than mars, but I would love to see what is actually on mars, and not just some sensored pictures from NASA.

Ha, if “we” go there it will only be the few selected, forget the peasants, they can stay on earth, we can on,y hope the 1% will leave the sooner the better, so we can stop being a useful resource for their agendas.

Tesla was close to solve the energy problem, but was shut down, due to greed. I still think the earth is a better change to survive than mars, but I would love to see what is actually on mars, and not just some sensored pictures from NASA.

Not even an elite with Elon in charge would be able to survive on Mars. I think he knows that deep down, but there is money to be made in hopes, dreams and prayers. The same goes for his solving the energy problem. (FTR: I like him). It seems that some of the elite is waking up, even though their reactions are despicable. Some have started talking about "The Event". Read this. It's pretty far out, and should make jaws drop:

https://medium.com/s/futurehuman/survival-of-the-richest-9ef6cddd0cc1

NASA is by far one of the most open organisations I've worked with. What you call "sensored " is mostly a case of not publishing anything before you are sure. That's not a bad thing when it comes to science. Also they were secretive during the Cold War, but anyone was back then, and many still are. NASA not being one of them today. NASA is mainly populated by scientists, and they like sharing knowledge.

When it comes to seeing Mars, we agree. I would love to see Valles Marineris up close, but I'm old, so leaving me there would be a minor loss.

Top Bottom