First VR Headset - HTC Vive

I am SO excited!

Anyone have any tips/pointers/things to consider (especially if you wear eyeglasses).
Also, any game suggestions (apart from ED)?

Thanks people

Aye, I wasn't sure to put this. It is related to VR, but I'm also asking about VR games. So, flipped a coin. :)

Oh that's awesome @ lens.
I wouldn't trust bringing into this country, would probably get damaged and take like a month to get here.

I recommend taking it easy at first. You'll want to develop your "VR legs", which can take a few days or weeks. For me personally, I had a couple woozy moments(in Elite), when I first started playing but it definitely took a couple weeks for my eyes to fully adjust. When I first started using my Vive, my eyes would get really tired within 30 minutes or so. Nowadays, I can go for a couple hours without much eye fatigue.

As for games, definitely play around with Steam's demo/game, The Lab. I also recommend Sairento and Space Pirate Trainer for good shooter type games.

If you want to get used to VR, I recommend games that are either seated or standing without moving around too much. So don't start with Fallout 4. :D

ED is quite good as a first VR game but as it is a flight sim it CAN be a bit nauseating during faster manoeuvres, especially quick rolling.

As for other games, I can recommend Moss (a nice seated platformer) and Beat Saber (which is just awesome)
Both of those games are also really great for showcasing VR to friends (which none of us can usually avoid, sooner or later. :) )

I recommend taking it easy at first. You'll want to develop your "VR legs", which can take a few days or weeks. For me personally, I had a couple woozy moments(in Elite), when I first started playing but it definitely took a couple weeks for my eyes to fully adjust. When I first started using my Vive, my eyes would get really tired within 30 minutes or so. Nowadays, I can go for a couple hours without much eye fatigue.

As for games, definitely play around with Steam's demo/game, The Lab. I also recommend Sairento and Space Pirate Trainer for good shooter type games.
After my initial bout of motion sickness, I went back out and figured out where my limit is. Wasn't expecting it the first time round .. got cocky. :p
Right now, my issue is with clarity. Everything looks too blurry, especially text. Struggling to sharpen the image up. :<

The Lab I have downloading :D
Sairento looks like I'll some room to throw down some ninja moves. xD
Will check out Space Pirate and see how much space I need; my setup is catered for sitting, so not really any space for standing. :p

Last edited:
If you want to get used to VR, I recommend games that are either seated or standing without moving around too much. So don't start with Fallout 4. :D

ED is quite good as a first VR game but as it is a flight sim it CAN be a bit nauseating during faster manoeuvres, especially quick rolling.

As for other games, I can recommend Moss (a nice seated platformer) and Beat Saber (which is just awesome)
Both of those games are also really great for showcasing VR to friends (which none of us can usually avoid, sooner or later. :) )
Moss looks cute. Beat Saber looks like I'll need some space; which my setup doesn't cater for right now.
Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Aye, family/friends already want to try it out, so I'm trying to find something they can get down with. :)

Top Bottom