Fixing a VERY broken economy.

TL/DR: Allow “normal” parts manufacture after a cost cap breach and give the option of not running a car when you don’t have the correct spare parts available in parc ferme conditions instead of forcing “emergency” manufacture.

My original post on this topic was edited a few times and is a little disjointed so this is a summary of my recommendations to fix the economy.

Once you breach the cost cap the economy of the game becomes completely broken. I breached the cap partly due to my error in keeping an eye on it, but also due to cars getting written off during qualifying and having to produce “Emergency” parts because you have to run both cars.
Once you have breached the cost cap the ONLY parts manufacturing you can do is “Emergency” which is roughly 3X the normal manufacturing cost. So this brings me to a few items that need to be fixed to fix a very broken economy.

First, after you breach the cost cap, you should still be able to manufacture parts on the “normal” option between race weekends instead of being blocked out of all manufacturing options except “emergency”. This is the stupidest thing I have seen in this game. Why, if you need to keep a tight control of your expenditures, would you NOT be allowed the cheapest manufacturing option?

Second, you should have the option of NOT running a car if it gets destroyed in qualifying instead of being forced to make “emergency” parts because you can’t put the older spec parts on the car. You should also be able to put older spec parts on and start from the back. This is the element of the economy that is set up for failure. I had one driver destroy a car in quali. In real life I would have done what Williams did in real life and just run the one car. Instead I had to spend a fortune on “emergency” manufacture parts. Then BOTH drivers destroyed their cars in the race. So now, because of suggestion 1, I have now had to “emergency” build some more parts and spend another small fortune putting myself further in debt.

Back
Top Bottom