Flexi Colour not working

Hello,

I'm trying to get flexi colour mapping to work on a simple object but it doesn't want to work in-game. These are my set-ups:

Error001.png

This is how I believe it is supposed to be done. Below is the folder setup and etc:

Error002.png

Error003.png

Error004.png

And this is how it appears in-game:

Error005.png

I feel like this should work but unfortunately it doesn´t??

jea looks alright to me. should work. as lucasup said check the material naming. I see Texture_01 and Texture_02 but 1 Material is enough. so Hearth_Material and the textures should be named: Hearth_Material_BC and Hearth_Material_F1 then it should work.

if you have 2 materials you could add 2 different texture sets but since we can already go up to 2k texture size it is not nesessary to use 2 texture sets.

@ lucasup I did try to remove the textures from the blender fbx and it worked once (I then exported in 7.4 binary). When I tried again to do the exact same thing with ASCII it didn't work.

I did remove textures from the blender fbx and it did actually work (difference was I had exported it in 7.4 binary). When I try to export it in in ASCII instead the flexi colour stops working. Is this intended? Nothing makes sense.

EDIT:

So as it turns out, the exporting and uploading process works flawlessly with 7.4 binary. The main difference for Blender export is that you have to rotate you object along the Z-axis 180 degrees aswell. Which would make the setup look something like this:

Error007.png

And in-game it would end up like this with both working flexi-colour maps AND shadows:

Error008.png

Not sure if there is any good reason for using the ASCII export process because as I see it it is absolute crap for me.

Last edited:
@ShoxDanger Not sure what you mean. I have already scaled up my model to the correct size. You kno', don't try to fix something that ain't broken. [wink]

@ShoxDanger Not sure what you mean. I have already scaled up my model to the correct size. You kno', don't try to fix something that ain't broken. [wink]

what i mean is that your model has a rotation and scale value and its best as it is 0 on the xyz.

but yes you got a point if it works it works :D :D

I'm really curious if you have the lighting issue as described in this thread:
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/34792-Lighting-weirdness
I have not been able to rid of this lighting issue without using ASCII export

Or if somehow having a rotation value not zeroed out actually fixes this issue... I'm investigating but can you try rotating your box in-game a bunch of different ways to see if it gets darker in nonsense directions (Like just being flipped 180 makes it darker) or not?

EDIT:
HMMMM. It seems like having a rotational value like this DOES FIX THE LIGHTING ISSUE.
I specifically tried matching your screenshot of having rotation values of -90, 180, 180 and that worked.
WHAT?!
This is so bizzare. I'm going to have to do a bit more investigation but aaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:
The rotation:

-90 degrees X-axis
180 degrees Y-axis
180 degrees Z-axis

This works without fault for me using 7.4 binary export. No issues with shadows when rotating the object around all 3 axes, and no issues with flexicolour maps or other additions (RN, SM and so on). There may even be a less complicated way, but for now this is what I'll be using.

Top Bottom