Horizons For what 2nd fighter/scarab and 2nd & 3rd crew member if I can use only one at once?

Sorry, I didn't mean to infer that is the reality- its only how it should be, especially since they have been promising this since the Corvette/Cutter came out. In other words, I wholeheartedly agree with you... we NEED two fighters deployed at once, and also be able to deploy them before landing on a plant so they can be our Close Air Support when dealing with those high security stations.

Thank you for your 'support' of my idea, pal! In that case the BEST decision for resolve this problem of planetary launch (when mothership stay on surface) is replace fighter bay from lower side to up side of hull or to back side - between engines. But Devs already 'build' 3D models of ships and i don't think that they will want make some changes.

Why stop at two? Why not allow those ships capable of carrying more fighter bays to do so and launch all of them? Would be awesome.

Why stop at two? Why not allow those ships capable of carrying more fighter bays to do so and launch all of them? Would be awesome.

And now you just try to calculate SIZE of a ship like you want... 2 fighters + 2 scarabs - barely fit 'with a scratch' to Cutter hull, and you want MORE? WOW... I understand - you want a Farragut! :eek::D
It's a joke, pal... For your needs you must got a ship a little more by size then fit in starport docking trench. How to trade in that case? Use some sort of shuttles? (I'm always see it in old good game 'BattleCruiser3000AD') But I think that David Braben choose another way then Derek Smart :)

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you, gUys. I know HOW to use a second/third one fighter/scarab/crew member (as a reserve). I just want to know - WHY I can't launch 2 fighters at once? WHY I can't use fighter's cower on planet' surface and so on....
I think all theese questions I must adress to Developers, but I don't know - where I can/must to do it.

OP is right, it does not make any sense at all having the hired crew on ground. The OP is also very right on point with his wish for 2-3 launched ships at one time. Cudos!
In the future we maybe will get more..... but for now I think FD is mainly scared of all nay-sayers if the small ships cant beat the big ships.

if the small ships cant beat the big ships.

It's too hard to belive, but I saw it myself... my fighter 'scratch' Perdelance too hard without any harm for itself - at first my fighter down enemy's shield to zero and after all it start 'scratch' enemy's hull - i repeat - without harm for my fighter! Yes - its too long , but its working. Its like a wasp - flying too quick for hit em, but biting very sensitive

Top Bottom