Frame Rate / Graphics

Hi All,

Not that familiar with PC gaming mainly play on XBOX. Prior to update Horizons was running at 60 FPS 1080, 40-50 1440 and arounf 28 in 4k and was playable and looked good in all rezes. Now getting 55 1080 down to only 7 in 4k. Even in 1080 the game is jerky. If i make any attmept to change any graphics settings, this happens (to all of the ships in the game and some of the other graphics) and even if I put the settings back it does not revert. Some of the sights on hand weapons are a grey rectangle that you cannot see through too. Does the FPS and stability usually impropve over time? Running a GTX 1050 which i know is not state of the art but it ran horizons perfectly. Its this normal for a big update? do things generall get better?

20210522074417_1.jpg

Really? Jerky?
I'm running Odyssey on a HP Laptop i5 with GTX 1050 on High settings. No, I haven't meesed with any settings apart from hitting the 'high' button setting in Graphics......I wouldn't know where to start🤷‍♂️

I'v found that even in Horizons, my system max's at 40 fps.......& it's the same with Odyssey, it gives me my 40 fps in Space & I get 30 fps in Stations & on foot between 20-25.

Fps does drop between loading screens, like when boarding despatching Ship, loading game while on foot, but that's only for a second or two then it's back up to 30 or 40.

Maybe it's my brain thinking back at how :poop:y the graphics REALLY were when playing games in the '80's & '90's, but though some players can't handle these fps & call the game unplayable, I'm happy to play as it looks OK to me on my, & lets be honest here, not too high a spec rig!

What I must say though, is Iv noticed a massive improvement & reduction in the framerate variation from when I was playing Odyssey Alpha, were it was all over the place.

Maybe I'd expect more if I'd paid 2-3 grand for a gaming rig, maybe I accept that my 3 year old £700 gaming laptop will only go so far, but seriously, Im happy with what I'm seeing on my setup:D

Top Bottom