Free positioning

I would like to make a suggestion about the free positioning (the freedom to put things where we want.)

I dont want to be "limited" on where i can put a bench, a garbage can, a lamppost or any object that I would have imported in the game, and even less a system that "glue" automatically an item close to a road, or something like this (as in RCTW) by using a grid. (unless it's me who decides)

Let us decide if it's good or ugly.
Dont try to "control" everything even if objects are intertwined.

I dont want to see this :

zfWntuI.jpg

Because I know better than the game where I should put things !!!

giphy.gif

Thanks.

I would like to make a suggestion about the free positioning (the freedom to put things where we want.)

I dont want to be "limited" on where i can put a bench, a garbage can, a lamppost or any object that I would have imported in the game, and even less a system that "glue" automatically an item close to a road, or something like this (as in RCTW) by using a grid. (unless it's me who decides)

Let us decide if it's good or ugly.
Dont try to "control" everything even if objects are intertwined.

I dont want to see this :

http://i.imgur.com/zfWntuI.jpg

Because I know better than the game where I should put things !!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/6901DbEbbm4o0/giphy.gif

Thanks.

With pathway scenery (fences and hedges), I think there should be a paint tool, where you paint along a path and it's all nicely placed for you, so you don't have to worry about how curved your path is. Then we should be able to freely place pathway objects (bins, lamps and benches).

With pathway scenery (fences and hedges), I think there should be a paint tool, where you paint along a path and it's all nicely placed for you, so you don't have to worry about how curved your path is. Then we should be able to freely place pathway objects (bins, lamps and benches).
Assisted tools can be great BUT :

I want to place anything, anywhere I want ! (when I say anything, this also includes ... EVERYTHING ! [big grin] )

It's boring to have something in red, just because the developpers have not planned that the player can place something in "this" precise location. They CANNOT (and will never) provide that kind of stuff. Like I said, I know better than the game where I should put things.

I speak from experience (and I'm not talking about Frontier, but every development studios in the world) they often (fortunately not always) want to "regulate" the way people do things. This is the best way to break imagination.

The first thing I tried to do in RTCW, when I tried to put scenery everywhere, was to make "a pile of rock" Well ... It's impossible, because after placing the first, the second is red.
Reason : "an item is in the middle"

In RCT3 I can :

rct3_thunder_mountain_by_coasterdl.jpg

Last edited:
As long as it's an option/toggle I'd be fine with it.

So if I want things neat and aligned, I can do that. If I want to place a couple items where ever I want, just tick the freeform button and off I go. Or something like that.

It doesn't work properly in RCTW, but a system like that would work:

Without pressing Shift = placing in grid
Pressing Shift = freeeeeeddooommm

My point about fences and hedges for pathways came from the fact that we'll have curved paths and plazas to work with, where a grid won't work and free position of single items would become a chore. The spray option would be for those big path areas just to line them with fences and/or hedges, or if we want to make a forest area quickly. I still want the option to place single objects and having the ability to freely place them wherever I like would be a nice bonus.

Top Bottom