Friday Conspiracy - Potential Dark Wheel base candidate.

I would like to start off by saying, I am probably guilty of wishful thinking, however, there are some cool coincidences, and I might return to this system one day for a bit of a nosey about.

unknown (2).png

unknown (3).png

Even though this a Y-Dwarf and a gas giant, could our conspiracy theorist friend possibly make the same mistakes some do, and see the Y-dwarf as a gas giant?
The eight moon is unique, it is parent to a ring. When I scanned the ring, there are no hot spots. Could the ring itself be hiding a big asteroid base, and the "Wheel" is referring a ring surrounding a moon, rather than the type of space station. Also the system is within 10k ly from the bubble, which is a common held theory that Raxxla and DW existed in a similar range owing to the limits of our exploration in Elite 84'.

A few things could well instantly debunk the theory this is a system of significance. It is a procedural generated system, and not one of the named systems inserted by the devs. It is common held belife that the named planets from previous games, particularly Elite 84, will some how tie in to the Raxxla/DW mystery.

Either way, I thought I would share, as I became a little excited with how well this could fit a theory of the original location of the DW.

Hiding The Dark Wheel station in the rings of an 8th moon is certainly one way of concealing it. You would have to map the rings to reveal it.
There's no knowing what type of system the station might be placed in but there's no reason to preclude a procedural system, so keep looking!

• Like (+1)
Reactions: wkj
Hiding The Dark Wheel station in the rings of an 8th moon is certainly one way of concealing it. You would have to map the rings to reveal it.
Not necessarily - most ring-based POIs (including the known ring stations) will show up on FSS alone. Hotspots are the only type which needs mapping.

But requiring the rings to be mapped to reveal it would certainly let them hide the station much closer to the bubble without any real risk of people finding it accidentally.

Top Bottom