Frontier... where's cross-platform sharing and updates for PC?

We really need some updates for PC.. but it feels as though Frontier have abandoned this derelict version.

For example, the console version has received some really nice fixes, and helpful additional settings such as a path-joining toggle.. not to mention the nice new accompanying dialogue and storyline for the career mode.... are we PC players really going to be omitted from all of this.

Also.. cross-platform sharing... I read somewhere that this isn't something Frontier are supporting, even between consoles only... Really?

I don't mean to rant, but Planet Coaster is an incredible game and it's a shame to see it go derelict like this when the community is as strong as ever.

I think most can tell that Frontier have stopped giving a damn about planco. They will fix up any issues on the console edition and won't do anything else...

That's just Frontier.

Whilst i fully agree there should be some QOL- and functionality updates, for instance something simple like allowing more than 8 terrain types at once per game session, or a simple "staff only" gate, i still think you all underestimate how much content creators are still underappreciated. I can only speak for myself, but so far i've created content worth about 2 DLCs in terms of the amount of items i've uploaded. And i have plenty more, i try to stay par with the Vanilla content quality and i think it has enhanced the game by a lot.
Yet, people always look for Frontier to do something. Frontier doesn't seem to appreciate all the free content that boosts their player numbers and keeps the game alive, i think that's clear by now (until they finally change their mindset, i have little hope). But the Community could still take a little more time to appreciate the passion and the effort that is being put into the UGC. I have another 50 or so assets that are about to go online in the Workshop till the end of the year wink wink, nudge nudge ;)

And a lot of great content creators have left the game, because people hardly appreciated their effort and the skillsets they have.

It's not just Frontier that makes the game'S development stall, you can also make a difference. :)

Whilst i fully agree there should be some QOL- and functionality updates, for instance something simple like allowing more than 8 terrain types at once per game session, or a simple "staff only" gate, i still think you all underestimate how much content creators are still underappreciated. I can only speak for myself, but so far i've created content worth about 2 DLCs in terms of the amount of items i've uploaded. And i have plenty more, i try to stay par with the Vanilla content quality and i think it has enhanced the game by a lot.
Yet, people always look for Frontier to do something. Frontier doesn't seem to appreciate all the free content that boosts their player numbers and keeps the game alive, i think that's clear by now (until they finally change their mindset, i have little hope). But the Community could still take a little more time to appreciate the passion and the effort that is being put into the UGC. I have another 50 or so assets that are about to go online in the Workshop till the end of the year wink wink, nudge nudge ;)

And a lot of great content creators have left the game, because people hardly appreciated their effort and the skillsets they have.

It's not just Frontier that makes the game'S development stall, you can also make a difference. :)

I agree, Planco provides an excellent platform for content creators to expand an incredible game that is already about building and creativity. It's worth noting that I tried to address the problem you mention to an extent by making a FB group called Thememaker's Toolkit Collaborative which is worth joining if you are a content creator to share projects, ideas and such.

I think most can tell that Frontier have stopped giving a damn about planco. They will fix up any issues on the console edition and won't do anything else...

That's just Frontier.

Harsh but kinda true. Planco is the best theme park sim out there and it's a shame they've left it at that. I think it will be a long time before Planco 2.

This is why it good they finally built their own content sharing platform for the consoles. They should bring that to the PC. An then for popular items in the store, they should award ARX that can be use across all of their games.

That what I would do if I was frontier.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Cross platform compatibility is confirmed to be not possible between steam and consoles. For consoles I think it was a community based choice. Though who knows if there are not contractual reasons too with Microsoft and Sony?

This is why it good they finally built their own content sharing platform for the consoles. They should bring that to the PC. An then for popular items in the store, they should award ARX that can be use across all of their games.

That what I would do if I was frontier.

I don't want a second currency type for Planet Coaster content. I don't want a Steam Workshop rip-off that would make an Epic Games Store exclusivity deal more likely. No thank you 😅

Top Bottom