Newcomer / Intro Frustration: Jump routes changed?

Hi,

Ok, a little niggle here. I was based in the Wolf359 system (independent) and the Barnards Star system (Federal) doing bounty hunting.....whenever someone jumped in front of my lasers or I received a bounty because they shot at me during combat with another hunted player/npc, I would make a quick 4-jump to the opposing faction to pay off the bounty.....

So, I made enough to buy a Viper (I was flying an Eagle that is now docked at Wolf359 system....so, I'm in Wolf359 and someone jumps in front of my lasers during combat, so I get a bounty....
I look to the galaxy map to do the 4xjumps to Barnards, and it's no longer available - it's now 12 jumps (which I cannot make) and the nearest "routed" place to pay off my bounty is 11 jumps away - I can't make that either.....

Why did this change? Because I changed ship? The ship I have now has a longer range than the eagle so why should this matter? So, now I'm frustrated as I don't know what to do.....

Can I dock at a station if I am under bounty?

Looking for help before I turn this one off.....

- Drago

Last edited:
Got one (Scoop) but that doesn't answer the question tbh.....

Thanks Ted, when I purchased the Viper it stated the range was around 10LY (and the Eagle 7.8LY).....I'm in the Viper now and it's showing 6.7 LY.....

Ok, now, how do I dock with a bounty in the same state that the bounty is for?

Update: Just think things are pretty buggy now.....Was about to plan the route for 12 jumps and the neighbouring system is adjacent faction so bounty is now cleared. However, I'm clicking on different stations to check their faction, closing the map, re-opening it and the factions are changing from independent to federal - I'll raise a ticket with screenshots as it's changing :(

Last edited:
see if you can drop some mass like weapons or shields even both any equipment loss will shed mass and lengthen your jump range and you can re buy it once your sorted

i recommend doing this in solo mode in case you get spotted by a hunter though.

also the power distribution will increase your range too as well as thrusters and power plants

Last edited:
If you look at your system map and click on the station. It will say Wanted above the title. If so, don't dock there, if not. Follow proper station protocol and you will be fine and you should be able to pay your fines there.

Check for any Anarchy station in the system. Practically no chance of system defence force ships to ruin your day. Once docked you can pay off the fine/bounty.

The only things that affect your jump range are your FSD, and overall weight.

Fitting a better quality FSD will increase your jump range (try high tech systems), as will reducing your overall weight ('D' quality equipment is lighter than other equipment of the same size class); any cargo you have in your bays also makes you heavier and thus reduces your jump range.

Each ship has a maximum FSD size class (1, 2, 3 etc.) that it can fit, meaning that some ships (like the Viper) inherently end up with a poorer jump range than others (like the Cobra or Asp), because their ratio of total ship weight to FSD class is poorer.

Top Bottom