FSS - Any Way To Filter Out Emissions?

Doing a mini road to riches en route from Ceos back to the Bubble and I've noticed now whenever I call up the FSS it's always including "emissions" at the low end of the readings. Frankly these are a distraction when all I want is the astral bodies and never noticed this as a feature on my extensive exploration expeditions as my previous Cmdr. So as per the title, is there a means to switch off or suppress emissions from appearing on the FSS readout?

Your brain is the filter. They always appear at the same spot in the FSS spectrum, and nothing else does. NHSS show nearby, but those are distinctly separate as well. Simply ignore them. You can recognize them while sweeping the system because they always have a dashed circle inside the bright spots, and do not show leading arrows unless they are highlighted in the tuning bar, just as happens with planets.

Doing a mini road to riches en route from Ceos back to the Bubble and I've noticed now whenever I call up the FSS it's always including "emissions" at the low end of the readings. Frankly these are a distraction when all I want is the astral bodies and never noticed this as a feature on my extensive exploration expeditions as my previous Cmdr. So as per the title, is there a means to switch off or suppress emissions from appearing on the FSS readout?
Why are you using the FSS for RtR anyway? All the systems on a RtR route will be already in cartographics, so you will know where the planets are. And you'll get the scan as you approach the planet for a DSS.... Or are you not bothering to DSS the planets?

Noted re "astral" bodies (or projection!!).

When I mentioned RtR, yes not strictly as per the description, just bumbling randomly en route back from Ceos to the Bubble to pick up a few credits for my next ship build. Just seemed strange as I'd never really noted their (emissions) existence on previous explorations but then I was so far out in the Black maybe they just don't spawn there.

Noted re "astral" bodies (or projection!!).

When I mentioned RtR, yes not strictly as per the description, just bumbling randomly en route back from Ceos to the Bubble to pick up a few credits for my next ship build. Just seemed strange as I'd never really noted their (emissions) existence on previous explorations but then I was so far out in the Black maybe they just don't spawn there.

They get fewer and fewer as you get further from civilisation until they stop appearing altogether, much like surface POI's. There's a sort of POI bubble around Colonia and the bubble, and one along the Colonia highway where you will encounter them, and the odd asteroid port far from civ will often have some in the same system, but get out where the stars get thin and the nearest port is over 10kly away and they vanish altogether.

The "problem" with filtering out the left part of the FSS barcode is that NSPs (Notable Stellar Phenomena) also appear there, and those might be of more interest to explorers.
The solution to that is to just glance at the left panel for them though, you most likely won't miss them that way. (Personally, there were cases when I've missed NSPs on the bar but then noticed them under Navigation.)

Top Bottom