GalMap Bookmarks cannot be deleted....

Theres an icon to ADD a bookmark to a system....I'll be damned if I can find a way to DELETE it....So I have all these systems BM for a sector survey - and my 100 Bookmarks are used up - and now I can't (easily) delete them ("Go to Bookmark Manager" is a non-answer thank you very much)

eEAlh0O.png

<Edit: Attach YouTube Video of current 'best practice'>

Also filed an Issue Tracker:
Issue Tracker: Deleting GalMap Bookmarks cumbersome

Last edited:
This is ridiculous - it would be like saying on your mobile device: to edit a phone number - reboot - enter your mothers' maiden name - derive the square root of pi....

This used to take TWO (2) clicks: 1 - select star / 2 - select DELETE....

It now takes FIVE clicks - as well as a good scroll to find what system you are in ...
whUBt0s.png

Yup, this isn't an issue. Still not being able to plot directly to a bookmark is though. Can plot to the system but not the actual location.

I love the new galmap personally, I just hope they add this as soon as possible because it's a big ommission for me.
Yeah, I can see where they are going with this and it will be great one day. Unfortunately all the booksmarks in 'Station'/etc... next to useless? I'm sure it's a bug they'll get to one day.

I'd like to see Custom Categories in Manage Bookmarks too. Or even just a 'SHOW ALL' settings.

I fired up Horizons this morning instead - what is so difficult about adding in the “Delete Bookmark” along the right edge of the GalMap??

I’d say this is the “poster-child” of glaring UI issues that people have been having throughout...I like - and look forward to any graphical updates over the existing Horizons one - but what Odyssey has given us is “Form over function”...and it impacts the player experience...

Oh look, a galmap issue 🤣
Do I like everything in the new GalMap UI? No. Do I give FDev creative license to "spruce things up" - sure....(The Station services interfaces in Horizons ARE dated looking...Clunky - but functional...)

There were other UI functionality issues 'discovered' during the Alpha...and those were fixed...This is just a "one-way, dead-end street" oversight on the UI - and needs fixing....full stop.

Do I like everything in the new GalMap UI? No. Do I give FDev creative license to "spruce things up" - sure....(The Station services interfaces in Horizons ARE dated looking...Clunky - but functional...)

There were other UI functionality issues 'discovered' during the Alpha...and those were fixed...This is just a "one-way, dead-end street" oversight on the UI - and needs fixing....full stop.
Yes of course. I'm ridiculing FD for every bug and worse UI they put into everything. It's amazing, there are so many things worse, it's like they did this by design.

I fired up Horizons this morning instead - what is so difficult about adding in the “Delete Bookmark” along the right edge of the GalMap??

I’d say this is the “poster-child” of glaring UI issues that people have been having throughout...I like - and look forward to any graphical updates over the existing Horizons one - but what Odyssey has given us is “Form over function”...and it impacts the player experience...

it is exactly this!

if you click on a system with a bookmark on it, the "+" icon on the flag symbol on the right edge change to an "-" icon and you can simply delete it.

BUT

if you added the bookmark in the system map (for a planet) then you must go to the system map and click on the "-" flag there.

I have read the above.

I still cannot delete bookmarks:(
BB

This thread is well over a year old, if you are having an issue it's not the same as the OP because it works exactly as described......for NORMAL bookmarks. When you click on a bookmarked item the bookmark icon turns into a minus sign and deleted the bookmark. As martin77 points out, you can't delete planet or station bookmarks from the galmap, you must do it from the system map. On the other hand Squadron bookmarks must be deleted using the "manage bookmarks" function, they will seem to vanish using the right menu but will re-appear on closing and re-opening the galmap. So it's likely your issue is one of these two and nothing to do with the OP.

Back
Top Bottom