GALNET - 30 APR 3307 - Kumo Crew Starports Open for Business

GALNET - 30 APR 3307 - Kumo Crew Starports Open for Business

Pilots Federation ALERT

Five new starports constructed by Archon Delaine’s recent campaign have now become fully operational.

The Orbis stations, which are run by the Kumo Council faction, are listed below:

Kumo City in the Pegasi sector PN-T C3-14 system (Harma region)

California Freeport in the HIP 18390 system (California Nebula)

Crimson Exchange in the HIP 10792 system (Sothis region)

Fort Xeno in the HIP 62154 system (Coalsack Nebula)

Delaine Terminus in the Eol Prou PC-K c9-91 system (Colonia region)

The starports will provide a full range of services, although their low populations bring concerns that they may be under-staffed. Additionally, security agencies in nearby systems expressed fears that since they are operated by the Kumo Crew syndicate, they are likely to harbour black markets and promote illegal activity.

Arch-Corsair Kay Volantyne, a senior member of the Kumo Council, addressed this when she told The Pegasi Sentinel:

“These starports exist solely to encourage trade, which is the lifeblood of our galaxy. Sometimes a little lifeblood can get spilled here and there, so I’m sure our new neighbours will welcome our protection, yes?”

Other factions have appeared in the five systems, including subsidiaries of Sirius Corporation. Several newsfeeds have speculated about an ambiguous connection between the syndicate and the megacorp, whose financial support might explain how the Kumo Crew managed to extend so far beyond its territory.

Source

Other factions have appeared in the five systems, including subsidiaries of Sirius Corporation. Several newsfeeds have speculated about an ambiguous connection between the syndicate and the megacorp, whose financial support might explain how the Kumo Crew managed to extend so far beyond its territory.
Seems we now know what Delaine was up to when he suddenly showed up at the Sirius summit...

What was that famous quote again?

CYQ3.gif

I was willing to give Delaine's group a chance ... the first new system in Colonia for three years is a major event - but bringing Sirius to Colonia is inexcusable. There may not be a lot we can do to prevent the Club's covert interference in our systems, but we can certainly make sure they can't just fly openly in the nebula.

Given some of the chat reported at the peace conference, and the location of Kumo stations in California and Coalsack, I suspect Mahon of being involved in this deal too. And we remember what happened in Witch Head. If we permit this intrusion into nebula territory now, will the next one be an Alliance fleet?

Jaques' forces are preparing to engage the Kumo Council in combat to secure the station, with reinforcements from the Colonia Cooperative expected to arrive in a few days, and hopefully additional assistance from other partner organisations to follow. Once the station is secured and reinforcements are in place, it should be possible to expel Sirius Industrial from the nebula entirely before they or their Kumo allies can establish a stronger beachhead.

All pilots who value Colonia's unique political and social structures, cooperating and disagreeing but free of the bubble's corrupt Powers and Superpowers to make our own decisions - join the fight!

It's a tough call - but if Kumo burgers only come with Sirius sauce, let's kick them back to the Bubble.

I was willing to give Delaine's group a chance ... the first new system in Colonia for three years is a major event - but bringing Sirius to Colonia is inexcusable. There may not be a lot we can do to prevent the Club's covert interference in our systems, but we can certainly make sure they can't just fly openly in the nebula.

Given some of the chat reported at the peace conference, and the location of Kumo stations in California and Coalsack, I suspect Mahon of being involved in this deal too. And we remember what happened in Witch Head. If we permit this intrusion into nebula territory now, will the next one be an Alliance fleet?

Jaques' forces are preparing to engage the Kumo Council in combat to secure the station, with reinforcements from the Colonia Cooperative expected to arrive in a few days, and hopefully additional assistance from other partner organisations to follow. Once the station is secured and reinforcements are in place, it should be possible to expel Sirius Industrial from the nebula entirely before they or their Kumo allies can establish a stronger beachhead.

All pilots who value Colonia's unique political and social structures, cooperating and disagreeing but free of the bubble's corrupt Powers and Superpowers to make our own decisions - join the fight!

Good to see the welcome mat rolled out to Colonia's newest members. The spirit of tolerance and Cooperation is clearly alive and well.

Let no one say that the Colonia nebula is a closed shop, unwelcoming to strangers.

Good to see the welcome mat rolled out to Colonia's newest members. The spirit of tolerance and Cooperation is clearly alive and well.

Let no one say that the Colonia nebula is a closed shop, unwelcoming to strangers.
Strangers are absolutely fine.

Sirius is not a stranger, but an exceptionally well-known power with a thousand year history of destroying everything in their path to make a brief profit.

Tolerance and cooperation does not extend to welcoming those who want you dead, as so many tolerant corpses will testify.

If the Kumo choose to ally themselves with that power, and I sadly admit that until yesterday I thought Delaine had rather more sense than that, on their own heads be it. A pity, since I thought he had a clearer view than most of the nature of power within the bubble.

Strangers are absolutely fine.

Sirius is not a stranger, but an exceptionally well-known power with a thousand year history of destroying everything in their path to make a brief profit.

Tolerance and cooperation does not extend to welcoming those who want you dead, as so many tolerant corpses will testify.

If the Kumo choose to ally themselves with that power, and I sadly admit that until yesterday I thought Delaine had rather more sense than that, on their own heads be it. A pity, since I thought he had a clearer view than most of the nature of power within the bubble.
The irony is that the Kumo power does not like the faction anyway, since its the wrong faction type. Its also miles away from the Kumo Crew as well.

Plus my reading is, the Kumo don't really care who is in charge because every gov type casts deep shadows to hide in. Every time a commander comes across an abandoned canister, that little voice is the Kumo going take it, no one can see :D

'I have a great feeling for meat resale opportunities' surely?
Seeing as we are down to brass tacks, how would y'all like to buy some meat ranches off me? I've got eight systems you can farm for y'all's burger franchise, make me an offer son, and if it's anything better than biowaste y'all can have all the meat y'all can harvest from:
  • HIP 22550
  • Hyades Sector RO-P b6-6
  • LP 659-31
  • Hyades Sector LX-T c3-30
  • Hyades Sector SU-C a14-1
  • Hyades Sector RO-P b6-2
  • Hyades Sector VP-N b7-4
  • Hyades Sector AB-M b8-2
My uncle Patty would be awfully happy if y'all'd farm those systems to make y'all's burger patties...
YES! I am actually trying to sell the marlinists as meat to kumo burger

Seeing as we are down to brass tacks, how would y'all like to buy some meat ranches off me? I've got eight systems you can farm for y'all's burger franchise, make me an offer son, and if it's anything better than biowaste y'all can have all the meat y'all can harvest from:
  • HIP 22550
  • Hyades Sector RO-P b6-6
  • LP 659-31
  • Hyades Sector LX-T c3-30
  • Hyades Sector SU-C a14-1
  • Hyades Sector RO-P b6-2
  • Hyades Sector VP-N b7-4
  • Hyades Sector AB-M b8-2
My uncle Patty would be awfully happy if y'all'd farm those systems to make y'all's burger patties...
YES! I am actually trying to sell the marlinists as meat to kumo burger
Well, they are free range I suppose.

I'm out there anyway. Might pop by and give you chaps a hand - especially if it keeps Eddie's fat mitts out of another nebula. (y)

I went over to Eol Prou PC-K c9-91 (Colonia region) to check out the new station Delaine Terminus and noticed no Nav Beacon in system yet.
Also no missions avail, factions Jaques and Kumo at war and plenty of CZs in system, but all empty.
In addition, all singal sources Combat Aftermath (Thread 1) are empty aswell, just debris flying around but nothing to collect or shoot at. Although I think this could be a known bug.

Back
Top Bottom