ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing Pt.3

We don't consider scouts to be difficult enough to warrant the Elite ranking/experience. Hopefully the additional experience that will be gained from the interceptors will somewhat make up for this, but require more skill on the players' part.

In a line, the problem was there was no scaling in difficult/reward which we've added. If the length of the grind for getting Combat Elite is an issue, we can discuss that but as a wider issue.
Dev: do you guys plan on expanding the depth of the thargoids story line and origins? New species? Also what is going on with polaris and col sector 70? Both have been locked for a long time! 2016 for col 70, lastly do we have any chance of finding the darkwheel and raxxla in game? Can anyone confirm the two?

It's like an FDev rule that they actively ignore Raxxla questions. Honestly anytime I've been on a livestream it seems like they seriously cherry pick their questions to answer as they've never answered any console specific questions I've asked in the last 3 years at all. They pretty much just chat up fanboys

It's like an FDev rule that they actively ignore Raxxla questions. Honestly anytime I've been on a livestream it seems like they seriously cherry pick their questions to answer as they've never answered any console specific questions I've asked in the last 3 years at all. They pretty much just chat up fanboys

yea, no raxxla, no consoles specifics and no ship balancing questions
i asked twice about generic ship balances and specifically about T-10 during the AMA session and both times the questions were gracefully ignored

yea, no raxxla, no consoles specifics and no ship balancing questions
i asked twice about generic ship balances and specifically about T-10 during the AMA session and both times the questions were gracefully ignored
If memory serves the CMs did say on one of the recent livestreams (from the last month or so) that they will be looking at ship balance at some point after Odyssey launches*

*this along with Powerplay, so pinch of salt required :D

If memory serves the CMs did say on one of the recent livestreams (from the last month or so) that they will be looking at ship balance at some point after Odyssey launches*

But in the same vein, the CMs also stated that 'Combat is in a good place'... (Make of that what you will, but it appears to suggest that nothing is going to be done to meet the demands of the 'nerf everything' posts)
Would be interesting to see if the Anaconda finally gets a hull made of some sort of metal, or something :devilish:

But in the same vein, the CMs also stated that 'Combat is in a good place'... (Make of that what you will, but it appears to suggest that nothing is going to be done to meet the demands of the 'nerf everything' posts)
Would be interesting to see if the Anaconda finally gets a hull made of some sort of metal, or something :devilish:
Maybe thats why they added the size 5 FSD with x2 engineering......so they can feed the Anaconda lard and make it weigh something and the Asp X is 'the one' :D

I feel a lot of cmdrs use the conda's magic mass as a basis for most of their long range gameplay. I can only imagine how badly they would feel grief'd if, while tens of thousands of ly from the bubble, this nerf actually happened.

Salt doesn't even begin to describe the impotent-forum-rage that would ensue

I feel a lot of cmdrs use the conda's magic mass as a basis for most of their long range gameplay. I can only imagine how badly they would feel grief'd if, while tens of thousands of ly from the bubble, this nerf actually happened.

Salt doesn't even begin to describe the impotent-forum-rage that would ensue
Maybe the Anaconda gets 'retired' and the Mk II appears (and its armour is made of something other than foil), and the Mk I has parts withdrawn over time, so only a year to get back to a base to exchange for a supported ship. That would still hack off players, of course, but not 'nerf' it out of hand! :devilish:

Anaconda...? OK, I have that Ship however, turning rate and speed.....mehhhh. I prefer the "Imperial Corvette", best combat ship in the game. The stats of the Anaconda are well.....very unrealistic, if you keep in mind how BIG it is. If the T-10 had the turning rate of the Conda.... that would be something. As for long range, the DBX has them all beat !!! And then there is the 'Imperial Cutter", the looks are great but, you can't use it for combat as it turns as slow as an T-9.....lol . And speaking of useless, the Beluga springs to mind. By the way, I own all those ship's. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 :coffee::unsure:

Deleted member 192138

D

A year from now, nothing will have changed and people will refer back to that quote and they'll say "yes, we looked."

A year from now, nothing will have changed and people will refer back to that quote and they'll say "yes, we looked."
True. But even at a basic level they can look at truly vanilla ships like the Asp Scout in isolation without having to go too deep or think too hard.

Top Bottom