Game Blacks out

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but when I am on approach to a Spacestation to drop out of supercruise, the game 'blacks-out' & I have to frantically ALT+TAB to get back into the Game Client.

I've checked and updated the Video Driver but the same thing happens, can anyone suggest a solution?

I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super card, plenty of Ram etc. Frontier Error thingy popped up & was submitted.

woa there horsey, try throttling the core clock down 50 to 100hz on the gpu
using the slider tool on msi afterburner...…….
then run the game
as long as you don't save the downclock value the core clock will reset to your original setting next reboot
its my guess fd have to play catch up with the latest driver tweak optimisations
or try an older driver you had stability with
(the trouble here is elite goes from having so much to do gpu wise to so very little its the sudden change in demand that some super card and mobo configs just don't get along with and go into tdr type error usually manifesting as a black screen)
(I believe the servers have off days that compound this issue as if the data hasn't arrived yet to process what does the gpu card do? but twiddle its thumbs and get in a mucking fuddle)

Last edited:
Top Bottom