Ships Orca Gank resistant Orca with efficient seating?

That’s what I came up with. I chose low emissions power plant because the Dolphin and the Beluga have poor thermal management, and hot fuel scooping. And the Beluga has slow fuel scooping, so I’d rather have an Orca.

How do the defenses look, to make it gank resistant, and give me enough time to high-wake? What about the seating arrangement? The current setup accommodates either 4 luxury passengers, or 16 first class passengers, or 22 business/economy passengers.

The Orca's number one asset is it's speed. It's 1 of 3 non-small ships capable of boosting 642. My suggestion is to A rate and dirty drag drive those thrusters.

Here is a combat build I sometimes use for fun to show you potentially what you could run afoul of. I don't generally interdict and kill on sight but just comparing the Orca build you have with the one I have below I don't think you'd last long enough to escape. Max out your speed and you only need to worry about IClippers, Orca's and Mamba's keeping pace and throwing sizeable DPS your way.

https://s.orbis.zone/8wdE

What is the purpose of this ship? It seems to combine things all over the place. I also have trouble seeing any point whatsoever in equipping weapons here. Fighting is not going to make you gank resistant, you shoot back at a gank ship and you are dead.

What is the purpose of this ship? It seems to combine things all over the place. I also have trouble seeing any point whatsoever in equipping weapons here. Fighting is not going to make you gank resistant, you shoot back at a gank ship and you are dead.
The weapons are there cause once in awhile I'll fly around a planet looking for occupied escape pods and random goodies, and I prefer shooting sentries from the air. I'm not gonna deploy hardpoints during a gank attempt, especially with a couple stripped down weapons.

The weapons are there cause once in awhile I'll fly around a planet looking for occupied escape pods and random goodies, and I prefer shooting sentries from the air. I'm not gonna deploy hardpoints during a gank attempt, especially with a couple stripped down weapons.

I switched out your utilities and changed the thrusters and Shields. Everything else is the same as your build but I'd feel a lot more safe flying this in open compared to your original.

Does anyone know how good the Orca is at fuel scooping? If I go with 6A thrusters, for something fast, the power plant has trouble. I tried a Beluga Liner in the beta, and without Low Emissions Power Plant engineering, it was awful at fuel scooping and I had to go through heat sinks frequently.

If I choose an [armoured grade 5 / thermal spread] power plant, with 0.32 efficiency, would the Orca be able to comfortably handle fuel scooping?

This is my Orca

Sunburst Orca -- Interstellar Style Magnet

It is certainly not gank-proof. But it has two things working for it that make it gank-resistant, high speed and very low temp. This build rests at 14% heat. Speed is life and the cool-running makes it hard to keep track of with sensors. The empty slots are for cabins, but I swap them in and out as the mission demands. Mostly it's used for sightseeing, but also for rescue (when burning stations actually exist) and occasionally for bulk transport, but I have since built a deidicated Krait II for the rumble bus profile, so the Orca is rarely used for this any more.

Top Bottom