Gazebo Made of Fences

I got a wild hair today while doing something entirely unrelated, so I got totally sidetracked. But basically, I made a gazebo-type thing made almost entirely out of 2 of the new fences we got in 1.2. It's got a few planks to close off void spaces, a few cables for support, some string lights, and a single very hidden wooden column to make the whole mess a building, but otherwise it's all fences. The roof, the supports, and the central column :)

I like how the whole thing glows in the dark.

Workshop link for them as are interested: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=918596150

these look really cool

superb work! great for dining areas!

Thanks! That's a lot more praise than I expected. I did this mostly as a joke. I mean, while it's normal in PC to put parts to uses they weren't intended for, I still find it humorous :). Besides, looking at the pics above just now, I notice that the radial string lights somehow ended up too far inboard, so have lanterns partially embedded in the central column. How embarrassing [ugh]. I'll have to fix that this evening.

But now that you mention it, they do have a certain charm. The hollow wooden fences do look like laminated beams, at least if you ignore the gaps between the boards :). This might actually be useful....

It's so much fun when you stumble upon something that can be used for a totally different purpose than what it's intended and you turn it into an awesome creation. Great job Bullethead :)

Thanks! That's a lot more praise than I expected. I did this mostly as a joke. I mean, while it's normal in PC to put parts to uses they weren't intended for, I still find it humorous :). Besides, looking at the pics above just now, I notice that the radial string lights somehow ended up too far inboard, so have lanterns partially embedded in the central column. How embarrassing [ugh]. I'll have to fix that this evening.

But now that you mention it, they do have a certain charm. The hollow wooden fences do look like laminated beams, at least if you ignore the gaps between the boards :). This might actually be useful....

It never hurts to keep on experimenting. Sometimes while doing that you stumble over something else. And yes, building Gazebos out of Fences is a genius idea :D I love it ^^

I feel like a larger version of this could be used as a skin for the Carousel. Then themed for a night time garden party or something.

Great job!

Top Bottom