Getting Guardian fighters – I find it kinda funny

…I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm grinding
Are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people drive in circles
It's a very, very …ancient ruin

Yep, eventually I got what I needed. But I'm asking myself what might be the Idea behind that "gameplay", esp. when done without relogging… 😖

The basic idea is nice. But I don't understand how I would find out in-game what to do. And even if I would get it, it is quite hard to imagine how that would have to be done in a "consistent" way (and in reasonable time. I could accept it to be a "project" to work on for with 0,5–1h on 3 or 4 evenings). Do the designers (no I don't wanna bash the devs who programmed a brilliant space sim) really expect us to find enough different ancient ruins to get 26 epsilon patterns? Or do they expect the players to scan, go to the ship, lift off into orbit, go back (new instance) and repeat. That's not better than relogging.

I'm afraid I haven't written much new here. But I just hat to say…

Yeah, I could argue that if you did the Ram Tah mission(s) you would have a lot of data, but those missions came out when we still had the global mat cap, so most would have thrown them away to make space for MEF even if they did do the mission.

And the Blueprints are equally reloggy.

Thankfully by the time they made the beacons they seem to have realised this, so at least they reset after use.

It is genuinely among the most asinine design I've seen in decades of gaming. It is hopelessly terrible with zero redeeming qualities. I can guarantee none of the devs involved unlocked these modules without cheating.

It is genuinely among the most asinine design I've seen in decades of gaming. It is hopelessly terrible with zero redeeming qualities. I can guarantee none of the devs involved unlocked these modules without cheating.
Yeah, when they started out needing 18 (I think) BP per unlock - how that got through even a 'thought experiment' is beyond me, never mind as far as shipping.

I almost think they got the math wrong and the sites were supposed to give 18 BP / run - which would be ok. I actually like doing the sites and fighting off the sentinels, but I can see how it's not for everyone.

I did the mini game for the modules, all of them. So - land, fight, charge pylons, drop artifact, get blueprint. I planned to do only 2 or 3 blueprints, but ended up with all of them and all the materials (at least all you can find on this site).
I was actually fun for me. The first 3 tries were less funny and failed, I never lost anything, but had once to log into non Horizons because I hung with my SRV unrecoverable, and two times I ran into the timeout. Then next 6 runs worked without problems.
But: If you run into the timeout it says that the entire thing is reset. Not true. It just stops, but trying to start again will not work. First 'game puzzle' which does not reset if the player makes an error. Requires relog at a distance, or lift to space and land again.
Also I always started after a run, parked near the planet, logged out (game hung itself and had to be killed), logged in again, landed at the site and made my run. Good landing practice, but a bit poor mans design.
I am in a polite mood today, so I will not write what I think of this 'design' (and the genial designers)...

Top Bottom