getting to know your neighbours

Apart from taking note of the Thargoid-related storylines and getting meta alloy for the engineer unlock I have more or less ignored the Thargoids so far. I haven't had any "real" Thargoid interactions to speak of; I have visited a crash site in the past because I needed sensor fragments, but that's it. I haven never been interdicted. Ever.

But I've gotten curious, so I want to experience the Thargoids in game a little. I'm not interested in shooting them (outside the game world: Because meh, shooting... ingame reason: Not sure they are the baddies). What (else) is there to do that doesn't involve killing them? What I've done so far:

- Collected Meta Alloys from a barnacle site. An Interceptor showed up and interacted with the barnacle. Pretty impressive, and my first ever view of an Interceptor.

- Jumped around the Pleiades to see if they would interdict me. Jumped ALOT. They didn't. Then I learned that there was a hidden "marked" stat, so I visited a crash site and picked up a thargoid sensor. Got interdicted immediately on the next jump. Very scary in VR.

- Visited a few more crash sites. The one in HIP 17403 with the crashed thargoid surrounded by downed Anacondas and T-9's was awesome. The scale in VR was impressive, and the sound design is absolutely fabulous.

- Jumped around the Pleiades some more and had them interdict me a few times more. This time with meta alloys in my hold. On my second ever interdiction I was greeted by two flowers. I was so mesmerized that I forgot to drop the meta alloys. Then they attacked me :cool: . I got away, but it was close. On the following interdictions I tried to scan them and learned that in order to get into the range of the Xeno scanner you have to invade their personal space. Got attacked again. Great :) . Tried a few more times, now I'm out of meta alloys. Not sure if the scan succeeded or not.

So, that's what I've done so far. Is there anything else left other than shooting them? Any recommendations for sites I should visit, or are all the crash sites basically the same?

Suggestions?

Have you visited the Bug Killer crashed Anaconda in HIP 16613?

You can pick up some mats in your SRV from the cargo racks (high-grade raw materials). Relogging refreshes the cargo and also gives you some... company.

Have you visited the Bug Killer crashed Anaconda in HIP 16613?

You can pick up some mats in your SRV from the cargo racks (high-grade raw materials). Relogging refreshes the cargo and also gives you some... company.
I don't remember, but probably worth revisiting. Thanks.

Edit: It's not in my EDSM flight log, so... no :) . Definitely going there.

Top Bottom