Giganoraptor problem last update

Problem with the update: I reproduced the scene from EVO but it doesn't work for me. The Gigantoraptor remains impassive in front of the goat and the Homalocephalus!
Please note that I don't have any mods.

Does it have something do with this?

If there is a carnivore feeder in the Gigantoraptor's territory, it will see no need to hunt.

Thank you for your reply.
No, there are only the 4 Gigantoraptors and 2 Homeocephalus. I've also tried with Dracorex, but it doesn't work.
I also put in a goat. The Gigantoraptor really doesn't want to hunt.
The options in the sandbox are fine.
I don't know what to do anymore...
Please help me
Thanks in advance.
André.

Thank you for your reply.
No, there are only the 4 Gigantoraptors and 2 Homeocephalus. I've also tried with Dracorex, but it doesn't work.
I also put in a goat. The Gigantoraptor really doesn't want to hunt.
The options in the sandbox are fine.
I don't know what to do anymore...
Please help me
Thanks in advance.
André.
Hey, so I noted this on my PS5 as well.
When I got the update loaded, I hatched a group of Gigantoraptor and placed in a goat feeder, in which one of them took the live prey, but I noticed it took a bit for it to happen before the hunt began.

I then incubated a lot of small herbivores like dryosaurus, gallimimus, Struthiomimus, and pachycephalosaurus, but the 4 gigantoraptor did not hunt them, nor the other goat that was running around, and 3 of them were starving to death.

My guess is that the gigantoraptor could hunt, but they do not actively hunt like other carnivores. Since they are omnivores, they eat from the plant feeders more often, and hunting live prey is not as priority when it comes to food. I think this might be an oversight since they would starve instead of hunting, and I often read how many players are experiencing their gigantoraptor ignoring the smaller prey items, even with no other food sources available.

I made an Issue Tracker if you want to support with your findings. They may simply not be programmed to prioritize hunting as a means to get food if no other options are available.

It is not just the Gigantoraptor; the carnivore feeder always draw attention of all carnivore species especially the ones requiring prey.

If there is both the carnivore feeder and the live prey feeder in the same enclosure, the carnivore species that required prey would not hunt.

I don't have the carnivorous eater, only the live prey eater in the enclosure.
When I remove the vegetation, the Gigantoraptor hits the fences and doesn't hunt!
(I didn't put any escape in the sandbox parapmeters.)
I've added two Homeocephalus and they're still banging their heads against the fence...

Last edited:
I placed Gigantoraptor with Archaeornithomimus because they shared the same dig site. I ensured the Archaeornithomimus had the cycad grove whereas the Gigantroraptor gotten leafy climbers and carnivore feeder. I was worried that the Gigantoraptor would hunt the Archaeornithomimus because of the latest small update, but the Gigantoraptor never hunted the Archaeornithomimus.

I placed Gigantoraptor with Archaeornithomimus because they shared the same dig site. I ensured the Archaeornithomimus had the cycad grove whereas the Gigantroraptor gotten leafy climbers and carnivore feeder. I was worried that the Gigantoraptor would hunt the Archaeornithomimus because of the latest small update, but the Gigantoraptor never hunted the Archaeornithomimus.
I actually like how the gigantoraptor functions, the cohabitation possibilities are good because as long as the gigantoraptor has its needs filled, it does not need to hunt. This could be utilized for other carnivores that want a carnivore feeder but not a live feeder in their environment needs, where if they have their source of food, they do not need to hunt.

I just believe that in situations where the gigantoraptor is presented with no food source whatsoever, but there are plenty of archeornithomimus to hunt, then it would make sense for it to hunt the archiornithomimus. Not necessarily because it wants to, but it has no choice in the matter because it would starve otherwise.

I actually like how the gigantoraptor functions, the cohabitation possibilities are good because as long as the gigantoraptor has its needs filled, it does not need to hunt. This could be utilized for other carnivores that want a carnivore feeder but not a live feeder in their environment needs, where if they have their source of food, they do not need to hunt.

I just believe that in situations where the gigantoraptor is presented with no food source whatsoever, but there are plenty of archeornithomimus to hunt, then it would make sense for it to hunt the archiornithomimus. Not necessarily because it wants to, but it has no choice in the matter because it would starve otherwise.

Shall we conclude that Gigantoraptor will starve if its food requirements as in environmental needs are not met?

Top Bottom