Gold Cobra disconnect error when jumping

Been receiving this error ever since I started playing again a few weeks ago. (recently moved) The steps to replicate the error are:
1. Collect info within a system (FSS Scanner, surface scanner etc)
2. Jump to any system
3. Wait 30+ and be met with a the "Gold Cobra" error.

Doesn't happen if I just started the game and haven't done anything other then system jumping. I've reached out to Frontier support already and after completing their suggested troubleshooting and asking for more insight into what the netlogs of the disconnect means, they mention that the disconnect happens shortly after the game "enters a state of Low Flow" which " indicates long buffering times, originating from your home network."

I've managed to test with my PC on a separate internet connection (same ISP) without issues on a 2+ hour gaming session. I also bypassed my router and plugged directly into the modem itself. There were some longer than normal loading times when waiting for the jump into a new system to finish, but no disconnects.

It seems to boil down to my router for the most part. It's an EdgeRouter X. I've got Port forwarding on with port 5100 pointing to E:D. There's also a raspberry pi running PiHole on my network though when I switched my DNS servers to Googles on my PC the issue remained.

Anyone encountered the same issue or use the same router? Next steps are to factory reset the router and disable the firewall on it briefly if that doesn't work.

Cheers

Similar issue here but it seems to be supercruise for me since last week. Any time I drop out of supercruise after the first few minutes it's likely to kick me out with a Gold Cobra. I've seen Mauve Adder when approaching planets in supercruise too.

I'm not on an EdgeRouter but I am on a Ubiquiti Unifi USG-Pro, so same manufacturer at least. I've also tried the port forwarding, changing DNS, etc. My problems seemed to coincide with when I updated to Unifi 6.0.22 and the new firmware for my Unifi switch. I've backed that off to v5.14 and the previous firmware but the problem remains. Right now it's unplayable. My next step was to factory reset the USG, the switch and rebuild the Unifi controller from scratch.

Looks like the issue in my case is the ISP (Shaw cable) or their XB6 modem. I factory reset all my network gear and rebuilt it from scratch and still had the same issue. Luckily, one of my vendors had supplied me with a test kit of a router and switch so I switched over to those - same issue. Fortunately, this test router also includes an LTE backup allowing me to test the same setup while bypassing the modem and ISP. It works flawlessly on that. I guess I'll be calling Shaw

Top Bottom