Golisth. An oversize pain in the ass

Well. They were jack rabbiting keeping it busy and I did the pew pew bit.

Could comfortably solo it now. Wasn't a requirement, but doing it in a team is more fun.

So, yes. It is eminently possible to play the game solo. I just chose not to.

There are several ways to kill them.

1. Run into it with your ship.
This will take your shields down a lot but it dies fast.

2. Get an SRV, drive sideways to dodge the return fire. Takes a lot of standard ammo but less than all of it

3. Dumbfire weapons from a ship.

I've done all of these and I prefer the ship weapons unless I'm in a hurry. Then I'll ram the sucker.

There are several ways to kill them.

1. Run into it with your ship.
This will take your shields down a lot but it dies fast.

2. Get an SRV, drive sideways to dodge the return fire. Takes a lot of standard ammo but less than all of it

3. Dumbfire weapons from a ship.

I've done all of these and I prefer the ship weapons unless I'm in a hurry. Then I'll ram the sucker.
Have you tried flying a fighter into it? I haven't actually brought my fighter-capable ships to ground settlements much, but if you sit 10km away on hold position and fly a fighter in, it just depends on how the collision mechanics shake out. Though maybe a fighter won't have the raw HP to bull rush a Goliath.

Or maybe an Aegis F? You can throw a LOT of fighters at a target for cheap, rebuilds just take a bit.

Have you tried flying a fighter into it? I haven't actually brought my fighter-capable ships to ground settlements much, but if you sit 10km away on hold position and fly a fighter in, it just depends on how the collision mechanics shake out. Though maybe a fighter won't have the raw HP to bull rush a Goliath.

Or maybe an Aegis F? You can throw a LOT of fighters at a target for cheap, rebuilds just take a bit.

I haven't, usually my overpaid pilot runs them but I never even thought to try.

Point defence on your ship :)
Unfortunately not much of a help when your one and only Utility slot is on the underside of your landed Eagle that you parked 2 km away in a crater that you have to sprint across open terrain to get to :p

I have found a better way to deal with them - completely ignore them! They don't seem to aggro on you if you don't damage the settlement or if the alarms don't go off. If you're sneaky enough, you can eliminate the settlement's occupants without the Goliath noticing.

Top Bottom