Greater Range Mod

Increases the effective range/distance at which significant damage reduction starts. Most useful on the shorter ranged weapons.
Precisely.

Do note that unlike with the Long Range mods we have for our ship weapons, Greater Range does not increase projectile travel speeds - only damage falloff. I made that mistake shortly after Odyssey dropped 🙃

is this good for plasma shotgun?
I haven't gotten around to Engineering an Intimidator yet, but I've heard some anecdotal tales about pairing the Greater Range and Scope Mods together on the Intimidator. Last I checked the Scope mod tightens the Intimidator's pellet spread for an increase to its One-Hit-Kill range (honest question: why does a scope act like a choke on a plasma shotgun?). The Greater Range mod likely pushes that out farther, but by how much - and whether or not it is worth the ModSlot™️ - I can't say definitively.

I haven't gotten around to Engineering an Intimidator yet, but I've heard some anecdotal tales about pairing the Greater Range and Scope Mods together on the Intimidator. Last I checked the Scope mod tightens the Intimidator's pellet spread for an increase to its One-Hit-Kill range (honest question: why does a scope act like a choke on a plasma shotgun?). The Greater Range mod likely pushes that out farther, but by how much - and whether or not it is worth the ModSlot™️ - I can't say definitively.
I've done one of these, scope acts as a choke on aimed shots, hip fire accuracy tightens the group further, greater range makes it a one shot weapon at longer ranges, makes you pretty unstoppable with those three mods, only downside is you can't carry much ammo unless you mod your suit as well, but then you don't need much.

I was wondering if anybody tried 'Greater Range' on the Executioner marksman ?
I didn't do this mod because I don't understand how it could improve anything.

It says "effective range : 100m -> 150m".
I thought handheld weapons didn't have a real damages "falloff" like the ships' ones. So what does it do exactly ?

Does it just increase the distance that a bullet can travel ? With the current speed of plasma bullet I don't see how it would be of any use ...
I wonder if there isn't any extra "magic effect" (like the Scope reducing the spread on the Intimidator) ?

Edit : For instance, on a Intimidator shotgun, Greater Range works by reducing the spread of the pellets after 10m, therefore reproducing something similar to "dmg falloff", but not quite the same.

Last edited:
what exactly does it do?
Nothing.

I've got a Karma P-15 kinetic pistol that came pre-engineered with the mod.
I've got another one without the mod.

Both of them damage my SRV when I shoot at it from 204M away, on a world with 0.14G gravity.
Same amount of damage / damage rate over time (per shot).
When I move a metre further away, 205m, no damage is done.

The mod does not work.

The stated range of the standard, out-of-the-box P-15 is also way off.

Nothing.

I've got a Karma P-15 kinetic pistol that came pre-engineered with the mod.
I've got another one without the mod.

Both of them damage my SRV when I shoot at it from 204M away, on a world with 0.14G gravity.
Same amount of damage / damage rate over time (per shot).
When I move a metre further away, 205m, no damage is done.

The mod does not work.

The stated range of the standard, out-of-the-box P-15 is also way off.

Might test laser weapons too, might have a different effect there.

I haven't come a cross a single enemy that I can't 2 shot with Executioner at G5.
banshee-revenant-close-up-shots-from-spire-sites-canonn-v0-62amb7qgo6wb1.jpg

Top Bottom