Powerplay Faction: Aisling Duval Greetings from a newcomer

Hello commanders,

After a lot of hours exploring the galaxy (my first goal when I bought the game) and some of trading (I need money to feed my family and buy ships after all) I did try different things in this game : mining, smuggling, afking at stations...
Now I want to try something different and I think I'm going to test PP, after holidays. Testing is better than reading about it, since opinions are divided about PP.

For the power choice to be honest it was just random, after excluding some I didn't want I rolled some dices to choose which side I would go :rolleyes:
And since I'm trading imperial slaves for now (5.5-6m per hour, good enough with the time I have), for RP reasons I suppose I will come with the excuse of being blessed by light after some kind of traumatizing experience :p

That being said, and knowing that soon a trauma is going to let me have a strange vision about a snow queen and a blue haired fairy (yeah, sounds like it's going to be really weird), I did some search about PP.
I don't understand everything but I think I've got the most important for now :

- don't waste time fortify/undermine when trigger is reach
- don't waste time in expansion if you're way behind others powers and can't make your way back
- follow cycle objectives to be usefull (or at least trying to be ^^)

Some people were saying that it costs a lot too, but I think they were talking about maintaining the rank 5.

I also understand that for AD it's mostly about cargo, not so much about fighting.
I don't know if some ships are better than other, given how a power works.

Actually I've got a trader Python : http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/05...0445020201.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ==?bn=Python Trader
And with a few hours I can get enough money to make it a multipurpose one : http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/07....Iw18eQ==.EwBhEYy6ZUaA?bn=Python Multipurpose
I have an ASP too, but fitted for exploration.
If it would be best to change ship just tell me and I'll see what I can do.

So until the end of holidays comes, fly safe commanders o7

On a side note, reading/writing english isn't a problem but for talking/listening it's an other story.
So TS is out of the question, unless there is a french speaking community working for AD. I need to look into it.

P.S. : Sorry for typo or everything else, since english isn't my native language ;)

So until the end of holidays comes, fly safe commanders o7

Hello and welcome. I'm new to PP too and it seems like fun. It's something to keep you occupied while flying the space lanes, that's for sure. :D

On a side note, reading/writing english isn't a problem but for talking/listening it's an other story.
So TS is out of the question, unless there is a french speaking community working for AD. I need to look into it.

It's possible to use Teamspeak without having to listen to it. I'm mostly deaf and I still use TS for some games. An in-game group chat would be the best, but a text-only TS channel isn't too bad either.

P.S. : Sorry for typo or everything else, since english isn't my native language ;)

Don't worry about it. Your English is better than a our French, at least for most of us I'm sure. :)

Welcome to our community, CMDR.

You seem to know your way around the Powerplay mechanics, and yes it's good to follow the weekly orders :)

AD is mostly about cargo hauling, in terms of stuff we do to help our own power - but undermining enemy powers is the same for everyone, so combat is a possibility too.

Thanks for the welcome :)

If it's mostly hauling then the multipurpose python should be more than enough since there is a limited supply you can get, from my understanding.
And I should be able to deal with most of PvE encounters. As for PvP, I think I'll just run away :p

Undermining is about killing commanders from others powers, so do I need an interdictor for this ? Or can I just wait for them to interdict me while in hostile territory ?
It also means I'm going to get bounties of my head... I'm going to be a bad boy :rolleyes:

I'll need to get money, fit my ships and move them in allied territory before pledging.
I was thinking about buying a FAS to have something more combat oriented, but from now on it's not really RP ^^

Undermining is about killing commanders from others powers, so do I need an interdictor for this ? Or can I just wait for them to interdict me while in hostile territory ?
It also means I'm going to get bounties of my head... I'm going to be a bad boy :rolleyes:

Not commanders, just NPCs will do the trick.

You could technically undermine without an interdictor, but it will be way slower, so it's best to get one. Yes, you will get a bounty on your head unless you're doing it in an anarchy system.

As Tesrin said, it'll be harder if you pledge before getting to our space, but you can do it if you want, to get the timer counting down before you can buy prismatic shields.

Take it from me, you don't have to wait until you're in allied territory before pledging. It just makes things a lot harder.
You're right, but I will move the non combat ships before. I don't want to lose my ASP, fitted for exploration, just for this ^^
There is a particular system to use as a "home base" system in AD territory ?

Not commanders, just NPCs will do the trick.

You could technically undermine without an interdictor, but it will be way slower, so it's best to get one. Yes, you will get a bounty on your head unless you're doing it in an anarchy system.

As Tesrin said, it'll be harder if you pledge before getting to our space, but you can do it if you want, to get the timer counting down before you can buy prismatic shields.
I will take an interdictor then and learn to use it. As for the shield, I'm not after it so no need to rush the pledging.
I will continue with imperial slaves trading (bad boy... ^^) until I get enough money for everything else, and no more slaves after pledging ;)

I will stick with the Python which seems to be a good all around ship. Will try this setup with some missions and see how it works for me.

I would like to have a more combat oriented ship after. A change of pace from time to time is always good so you don't get bored too much.
FAS doesn't cost that much and it seems to be a good ship from what I've read. Wouldn't be RP in some way, but it could be a captured ship after all :p
Fer-de-Lance costs a lot in comparison, but I have to admit that it looks really nice. A little yacht.
There is the Clipper but I don't really like the look of it (looks too much like a plane maybe) and you need large landpad. Cockpit looks nice though and it has speed for its size.

Don't have enough money to buy them all and test, this game really miss a "training room" to test ships.

Edit : typo...

Last edited:
A little up for some informations, no need for a new thread I think.
I've read a little more about the mechanics of PP but it's a little vague sometimes, and I was wondering something about how power commodity works.

I don't think I will be able to get rating 5, rating 4 should be ok though. So I need at least 25t of cargo space, used for power commodity.
I can also spend money (500.000 credits) so I don't have to wait half an hour for the next allocation. So I should aim for 50t cargo space, if from time to time I can afford the 500.000 credits.
Unless I've missed something or misunderstood what I've read, I think I'm right up to this point.

Now, what I really don't know is since power commodity is used for 3 things (preparation, expansion and fortifying), is there an allocation for each ?
Meaning I would need 75t cargo to do the most I can (100t if I spend some credits to refresh one allocation).

Could you enlightened me about this ? :)

A little up for some informations, no need for a new thread I think.
I've read a little more about the mechanics of PP but it's a little vague sometimes, and I was wondering something about how power commodity works.

I don't think I will be able to get rating 5, rating 4 should be ok though. So I need at least 25t of cargo space, used for power commodity.
I can also spend money (500.000 credits) so I don't have to wait half an hour for the next allocation. So I should aim for 50t cargo space, if from time to time I can afford the 500.000 credits.
Unless I've missed something or misunderstood what I've read, I think I'm right up to this point.

Now, what I really don't know is since power commodity is used for 3 things (preparation, expansion and fortifying), is there an allocation for each ?
Meaning I would need 75t cargo to do the most I can (100t if I spend some credits to refresh one allocation).

Could you enlightened me about this ? :)

Nah the allocation is shared between the three, so you only get x tons per half hour of any one of them unfortunately.

Other than that, yes that seems like a good plan to me :)

200t Python armed trader and FdL for undermining should be more than enough then.
Need to print some money so I can afford all that. And I should look for info about bounties too :rolleyes:

Top Bottom