PvP Griefer-Be-Gone

Yeah I kinda feel like this guy is a bit inexperienced. FDLs could probably reverse faster than torps (dont quote me on that its a joke).

Who gets torped in an FDL lmao

NPCs and idiots, mostly.

FDLs could probably reverse faster than torps (dont quote me on that its a joke).

Torpedoes, unlike seekers, retain launch velocity for a short period of time.

If I do it right, my torpedoes are moving 400-500m/s at the moment they arm, which is an instant before they hit.

You still have to screw up pretty badly to get hit by them in an FDL.

NPCs and idiots, mostly.

Torpedoes, unlike seekers, retain launch velocity for a short period of time.

If I do it right, my torpedoes are moving 400-500m/s at the moment they arm, which is an instant before they hit.

You still have to screw up pretty badly to get hit by them in an FDL.
Could you explain this launch velocity business a bit more please.

Never used torps, sounds interesting.

Could you explain this launch velocity business a bit more please.

Never used torps, sounds interesting.

You fire seekers, dumbfires, flak, or flechettes while moving faster than their munitions velocity and you immediately outpace them, sometimes even collide with them.

Torpedoes retain launch velocity then start to slow down.

Here is an illustration:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R0hbN6c3J4

Note my ship's closing velocity with my target. Despite being fired two seconds later, my second salvo impacts slighly before my first, because I fired the first salvo at the beginning of my boost and the second at near peak velocity.

Edit: the effect becomes more clear by watching the exhaust trails of the torpedoes, the curved one is the second salvo and is a total greater length than the first, but the torps are moving so much faster that they strike first.

Last edited:
"Griefer\Ganker" in ED: what you call the other guy to justify your killing them.

I don't understand. Mainly because the terms are used reactively and not proactively.

I guess people in ED like to feel there's a reason to be killed or attacked other than for the lols. Whether it be powerplay, piracy or bounty hunting. Furthermore, the balance of power is usually taken into consideration (a wing of frag mambas vs a exploaration anaconda).

That's just my opinion. I was pulled into a fight the other day for no reason other than the sake of fighting. I didnt mind though it was a fun fight. Barely escaped with 2% hull though.

Top Bottom