Guardian Grind

So I have recently started the grind for the Gurdian Upgrades. I started by following a post by The OriginalB and got the six fragments from the site.

With one of fragments, I got the FSD booster, which brought my DBX to just under a 70ly jump range. This was my main goal for the grind.

I visited a few other Gardian sites and have accumulated a number of fragment for modules and weapons.

Aside form the FSD booster, what other modules are worth having?

I also found that I had enough material to get a few Guardian weapons:

Guardian Plasma Charger (turretted) Class1
Guardian Shard Cannon (Fixed) Class 1
Guardian Plasma Charger (Fixed) Class 1
Guardian Shard Cannon (Turreted) Class 1

Does it make any sense to get any of these? I have no plans to join the Thargoid fight. Any advantage against conventional ships?

Os

Aside form the FSD booster, what other modules are worth having?

From Guardian module blueprints, the next useful one is the Guardian Shield Reinforcement Package, which you can fit into Optional internal slots to boost your shield total. The other Guardian reinforcements for Module and Hull are for Thargoid fights, although notably the Module ones have a bit more Integrity. The two Hybrid modules are poor.

I also found that I had enough material to get a few Guardian weapons:

Guardian Plasma Charger (turretted) Class1
Guardian Shard Cannon (Fixed) Class 1
Guardian Plasma Charger (Fixed) Class 1
Guardian Shard Cannon (Turreted) Class 1

Does it make any sense to get any of these? I have no plans to join the Thargoid fight. Any advantage against conventional ships?

No advantage against Human targets—and those standard versions will be poor even against Thargoids, at least compared to the new Modified versions (from Azimuth Biotech in Mbooni). Human weapons, which can be engineered, will be far superior against Human starships.

If ever you were to try anti-xeno combat, it is wise to keep two of those weapon blueprints for unlocking the standard Guardian Gauss classes 1 and 2, but otherwise those blueprints can be traded for Modified Guardian weapons, one per weapon. Otherwise, ignore the weapon blueprints you have and focus just on getting the internal modules you want!

Additional: The notes concerning Modified Guardian weapons are likely not applicable to Xbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom