Guardian Module Reinforcement & Guardian Module Reinforcement Package... useful for protecting against swarm attacks?

Do one (or both) of the Guardian Hull Reinforcement & Guardian Module Reinforcement Package give any sensible protection against swarm?

I'm not very good at combat with fixed and flak weapons, so I waist a lot of time managing the swarm and the interceptor (Cyclops type). So having something that buys me some time would be very appreciated (especially against swarm).

Honestly...many times I directly ignore the swarm focusing only on the Interceptor (keeping the heat lower than 20%). I haven't tried engaging stronger interceptors, but I already know that ignoring the swarm is not a good tactic (especially the bigger one that comes with stronger interceptors).

Is there any chance to use a weapon like the Field Neutralizer that however burns the swarm when it is nearby the ship? I already know that many experienced AXI pilots will find this ridiculous, but it would greatly help unskilled pilots like me (and for my personal experience, it would be also funny)

Last edited:
Seeking for help and asking questions are not ridiculous.

First of all they are the same thing. Guardian Module Reinforcement Package is better than the human one because you can't engineer the human MRPs. The only drawback is it uses power, though not much. So you must choose GMRPs when you have that spare power, most builds do.

But they don't have any proven additional special effect against anything, they just have more HP. So, yes, they are better than human ones against the swarm but only hitpoint wise.

Your main problem is dealing with the swarm, the only way to overcome this is practice. That's how all of us have done it. We have several videos in our Knowledge Base, I'd suggest checking those out and see how we do it and then practice for yourself. It is possible to kill any interceptor without dealing with the swarm but it requires more knowledge, observing and maneuvering skills than just learning how to use the flak. You can also see how we do it in our AXKB.

Additionally, you can join our Discord server, we have dedicated mentors.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the tips and the material!

And sorry for the confusion, I noticed only now the mistake I made in the title.

The question was about guardian module and hull reinforcement. Does its caustic protection give a better protection from swarm more than its human engineered version?

Thank you very much for the tips and the material!

And sorry for the confusion, I noticed only now the mistake I made in the title.

The question was about guardian module and hull reinforcement. Does its caustic protection give a better protection from swarm more than its human engineered version?
No, only the Interceptor's main cannon deals caustic damage and it only does so when you have no shields. And the resistance rate is so low it's effectively worse than engineered human hull reinforcements. The most dangerous aspect of the Swarm is their missile attacks. Their missiles deal "exceptional internal damage", shred your modules apart. It's never advised to tank this damage, it must be avoided. You can boost away when you see the warning for instance.

Last question. Regarding the "instant kill", I found some videos on youtube. It is an exploit or it is a viable tactic?
I don't think it counts as exploit but it is frowned upon serious AX pilots as using this method doesn't require any skill. It does require farming though as it is only possible with premium ammo and also only works on cyclopses, so if you really want to get into thargoid combat, you won't learn anything using this method. If you're just after the heart, then yeah, you can go for it.

Top Bottom