Guardian Tech Upgrades Question

Hey all,

I just unlocked my first series of Guardian Tech stuff. Man, what a learning process that was.

So, I collected the blueprint, matts etc for the Guardian FSD Boost. I went to the technology broker, and voila, I successfully created it!

So the Level 1 FSD Booster gives me 4LY boost.

If I want to get to level 2, do I just rinse and repeat the process? Is it the same exact number of mats and another new blueprint again, or does the "cost" of mats go up each level? I can't seem to find anything regarding cost of level 2,3,4,5.

Another question... does each upgrade require a bigger slot? Ie.. level 1 request a 1H slot, level 2 requires a 2H slot, so a level 5 FSD Booster giving 10LY boost would require a 5H slot?

And finally, If I unlock level 5, do I retain the ability to keep 1,2,3,4? Meaning can I equip a L5 Guardian FSD Booster in my Anaconda, and also equip a Level 1 booster in my Viper? Or does getting to Level 5 wipe out the lower level outfitting options?
Thank you

Last edited:
Once you unlock an item of Guardian tech, that's it, you then have the ability to buy as many of whatever size you want of that item from outfitting.

You only need to repeat the unlock for each different item of Guardian tech that you want.

Edit - You sound as if you might be getting a little bit mixed up with engineering, where upgrades have grades. Guardian tech are just modules that come in different sizes, not grades. :)

Ahhh... I guess I didn't look hard enough before I posted. You're right. I have H1-H5 Guardian FSD Booster unlocked and available. Thank you CMDR.

Thwarptide

Banned
So the Level 1 FSD Booster gives me 4LY boost.

If I want to get to level 2, do I just rinse and repeat the process
Yeah, what's previously been said, you get just the FSD booster. It's already engineered to the max when it was built. Guardians sure knew what they were doing with this module.
But I'm surprised at the little gain of 4lys.
What ship did you install this on? (on both my krait phantom and krait mk2 I got 10ly boosts)
Have you engineered your ships FSD to G5 yet?

Yeah, what's previously been said, you get just the FSD booster. It's already engineered to the max when it was built. Guardians sure knew what they were doing with this module.
But I'm surprised at the little gain of 4lys.
What ship did you install this on? (on both my krait phantom and krait mk2 I got 10ly boosts)
Have you engineered your ships FSD to G5 yet?
Hi, thanks. I was only looking at the H1 slot, which gives 4LY. I see the H5 slot gives 10.

Note that one Guardian module unlock opens all sizes of that specific module. There are 6 total.
Guardian weapons requires an unlock for each weapon size and type. There are 14 total.
The 3 Guardian ships each require an unlock.

Last edited:

Thwarptide

Banned
Hi, thanks. I was only looking at the H1 slot, which gives 4LY. I see the H5 slot gives 10.
Doh! Why didn't I think to ask about your slot position?
1436738350701.png

Top Bottom