Guardian Weapon First Impressions: Shard & Plasma Charger

Trying out some new weapons. Impressions:
Guardian Shard Cannon - Crap. Might be decent for scouts? The effective range doesn't match the fall off because the pellets spread way too far.
Guardian Plasma Charger - It's okay. It just has no reason to exist when Gauss is right there. (And I'm talking Large Plasma versus Medium Gauss. The Medium Gauss is just better).
Also the Plasma reticle is a bit inaccurate (tested with trailing targeting) but adjusting for it isn't that big a deal. Direct hits on exposed hearts are underwhelming.

Verdict: Disappointed. There's a reason everyone uses Gauss and it's not just because it's easier to use. It's also just better damage.

Hehe, yeah pretty much.
There is a reason indeed.
I personally do not understand why to make other weapons if they are not equivalent.
I am especially amazed by the situation with Power and PD, all of this is lost to engineering modules, then why was it introduced into the game?
And the GHRP situation is completely confusing to me.

I personally do not understand why to make other weapons if they are not equivalent.
I am especially amazed by the situation with Power and PD, all of this is lost to engineering modules, then why was it introduced into the game?
And the GHRP situation is completely confusing to me.
My guess is the devs did not realise what they were doing. Or that they did not test them enough. Or both.

You should specify cyclopses. You can try doing that with the other variants... good luck.

Yea, the first tier - the cyclops
i guess it should work on next one too, i mean on the basilisk? haven't tried tho.

My interest in gunning down interceptors steemed only from the thargoid bobblehead and now, due to carriers, one can settle for the lesser experience and simply buy them.
Still, fighting a Cyclops can be an interesting endeavor even for the more peaceful sorts of commanders.

Last edited:
Yea, the first tier - the cyclops
i guess it should work on next one too, i mean on the basilisk? haven't tried tho.

My interest in gunning down interceptors steemed only from the thargoid bobblehead and now, due to carriers, one can settle for the lesser experience and simply buy them.
Still, fighting a Cyclops can be an interesting endeavor even for the more peaceful sorts of commanders.
The cyclops can also be destroyed by conventional AX MС

Top Bottom