Guess the Sequel Species

With the confirmation of Jurassic World Evolution 2 with its 75 species of terrestrial, aerial, and aquatic reptiles, let’s speculate what the roster will look like.
Confirmed: Amargasaurus, Brachiosaurus, Coelophysis, Mosasaurus, Nasutoceratops, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus Rex
I’m assuming film canon species are secured, so let’s guess the new ones as well as the ones from our old game coming back for Round 2
Here are my cards.
Remaining: Dryosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Euoplocephalus, Gigantspinosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Kentrosaurus, Metriacanthosaurus, Muttaburrasaurus, Sauropelta, Styracosaurus, Suchomimus, Troodon (make him AND Dilophosaurus poisonous)
New: Concavenator, Lesothosaurus, Microceratus, Mimni, Plateosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Ichthyosaurus

Last edited:
I'm guessing most of JWE's roster will return since their models can be easily ported over. I'm guessing the'll only cut the redundant species like various hadrosaurs and ceratopsians that don't really add anything too the game while keeping the more unique dlc additions like Iguanodon or nigersaurus.
As far as the new dinos go, I predict: Deinocheirus, Plateosaurus, Protoceratops, Austraolvenator, Shunosaurus, Barosaurus

It does actually say "more than 75 species", so 76 would be the base assumption (the original boasted "more than 30" and we ended up with 37 at launch not including deluxe edition. I think it's going to be closer to the claimed number this time around, given the longer overall development time there'd be less last minute changes) (Source here for the first species boast https://www.techgenyz.com/2018/03/29/jurassic-world-evolution-june/)

If I could guess...

The 67 dinosaurs are going to return, with some dinosaurs like the giganotosaurus, deinonychus, and dreadnoughtus getting movie appropriate makeovers.

Camp cretaceous dinosaurs will also be in the game, as JWE had previously showcased movie and film dinosaurs to promote the Jurassic World Media: Which gives us...

• Monolophosaurus
• Scorpius Rex
• Whatever new species that will be revealed in season 4

• New dinosaur species have also been confirmed. The Amargasaurus, and coelophysis.

So this gives us at least 71 species to go by.

Non dinosaur species:

• The Pteranodon and Mosasaurus has been confirmed, while there are also teases of more species. The dimorphodon is all but confirmed beccause of her presence in the first Jurassic World Movie and Camp Cretaceous.

This brings us to 73 prehistoric species, but truthfully speaking, I think there would be more than 75, considering that Jurassic World Evolution ended up with more species than initially promised, I guess as a means to not overpromise the initial dinosaur roster.

What I would then guess is that we could see fan favorites come to the game. And if I could guess:

New Dinosaurs
Therizinosaurus
• Pachyrhinosaurus
• Protoceratops
• Alamosaurus
• Cryolophosaurus
• Yutyrannus
• Oviraptor
• Gigantoraptor

New Marine Reptiles
• Plesiosaurus
• Tylosaurus
• Ichthyosaurus

New Flying Reptiles
• Cearadactylus (Novel)
• Quetzalcoatlus (JW Dominion)
• Geosternbergia (Looks like TLWJP Pteranodon)
• Tapejara (It would be pretty cool 😎)

At first, I thought there would be a list of dinosaurs not to be in the game until Jurassic World Dominion comes out, but looking at how a Prologue would premiere before F9, I think these species would make it to the game for sure, with their Prologue/Movie depictions:

• Giganotosaurus
• Dreadnoughtus
• Quetzalcoatlus
• Moros Intrepidus
• Oviraptor
• Iguonodon

Lastly, there are these creatures I think won't show until Jurassic World Dominion comes out, similar to the fallen kingdom update in JWE:

• Dimetrodon
• Deinonychus
• Lystrosaurus
• Other species that are new, but not shown in prior media

Different Skins:
Some of the dinosaurs may have multiple skins to choose from based on their previous appearances. I could imagine:
• The raptor squad
• The Jurassic Park trilogy skins, with new retro looks for other dinosaurs like the mamenchisaurus, gallimimus, dilophosaurus, and corythosaurus.
• Glow in the dark Parasaurolophus from Camp Cretaceous
• Some JWE models to carry on from the previous game as an option, like the deinonychus, giganotosaurus, dreadnoughtus, and iguonodon. This is more likely if the looks are very different from the new movie depictions.

Annnnnnnddd..... that's that. I think there will be plenty of room for more dinosaurs in the future with new updates and DLC, I am hoping to see the Deinocheirus to make an appearance. So far, I am pretty excited to see what behaviors, animations, gameplay changes, escapes, and A.I. improvements come to these dinosaurs. The more the merrier for sure, but I would prefer if there is a priority for quality over quantity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom