Newcomer / Intro [HALP!] 'Front view' ship camera abruptly moved off to the side permanently?

Greets Commanders,

So, I was viewing a newly purchased Keelback and, somehow, I no longer have a 'front view' when I call up the ship camera suite. All other views seem to remain at their standard default orientation, but, the front view now sits off on a profile/righthand position and will not shift back when the suite is called up again. [Note for ref: this is on PS4]

I can manually shift it to something approaching normal [right stick push, then pan/tilt/etc], but, it does not stay that way, nor has the view reset after logging out and in again. In a bit of annoyance I swapped ships back to my ASP-X, and her views are all normal out of the gate including Ship Front view. Swapping back to the Keelback gives me the wrong, side-view as front-view.

I may have hit 'detach camera' [L3. push left stick] at some point but I thought the cam views all reset to default when you get out of the suite. I want to re-save the default view, or get the old one back.

Anyone ever had this happen and/or know how to fix it? I'm pretty confused.

Thanks for any advice o7

This darn thing is still unsolved, the peeps in the PS4 forum did not help

If anyone reliable happens across a similar issue or ever heard of it solved, let me know

As far as I know, each ship has slightly different fixed camera positions. Some front cameras used to point backwards even, although I’m not sure if it was changed. I can’t check my Keelback at the moment, but this may be normal.

An alternatice - not an answer - would be to use the free camera.

Well, thanks, I grasp the various camera options such as detaching and reframing the cameras, at all positions... I am simply annoyed/perplexed how the fixed cam position, was permanently changed. I guess Im not expressing myself clearly. I don't understand how one of the default positions has become permanently reset to shoot a framing that I, myself, once moved around [as a free camera], and which now persists as a new 'normal' every time I enter the camera suite. I wanna tap two keys [or whatever] and just look at the ship's nose in space, then tap back again as I do with my other ships.

As far as I know, each ship has slightly different fixed camera positions. Some front cameras used to point backwards even, although I’m not sure if it was changed. I can’t check my Keelback at the moment, but this may be normal.
Really.. what the heck, well, if you eventually use your Keelback and remember to take a look, I'd appreciate it.
AFAIR it was a normal front-of-ship shot, and now, it's different.

Last edited:
I just checked and yes, the Front camera on the Keelback is off to the side. Like so:

Screenshot_0641.jpg

I'm sure it's been submitted as a bug, long ago. Apparently it is still with us. Feel free to submit a bug report. I'll be glad to chime in.

Top Bottom