Happy Anniversary and Happy Mac Launch!

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Hello coaster friends!

Happy 4th Anniversary to all members of the PlanCo Fam! Four years ago, our Planet Coaster journey began on PC. So many of you have joined us along the way and came together to create one of the best communities out there.
PC_Happy_Anniversary_960x540.jpg

To all of the new members in the PlanCo Fam: welcome! The PlanCo Fam are an incredible community, who are always happy to share some tips for your parks and creations, love to share their blueprints with others, and come together in heart-warming ways. Now, with the launch of Planet Coaster: Console Edition too, the community has continued to grow, but it's not finished yet!

We couldn't be happier to share that Planet Coaster, as well as additional DLC packs, are available now on Mac thanks to our partners at Aspyr! Today, our Mac community can begin to create phenomenal parks, build jaw-dropping coasters and craft awe-inspiring buildings that will have guests racing from all over to enjoy what has been designed! We can't wait to see what our Mac PlanCo Fam members create and share!

There can be a learning curve to becoming a great park manager, but fret not! The Mac version is the same as the PC version, so you can visit our Career Mode to get set up with everything you need to know about how to look after the people in your parks. Career Mode was designed with you all in mind, and is the perfect starting point for you to understand how best to make your park a success and what is working, or not working, for your guests. Keep them happy by ensuring they have everything they need to have a great time, from rides to facilities. The staff and Entertainers will always be there to help you out, as long as you pay them well and provide them with breaks!

The piece-by-piece construction in Planet Coaster provides you with the opportunity to build whatever you can imagine, and a venture into Sandbox Mode will provide you with unlimited funds to get cracking. You'll be able to create buildings in a variety of styles, theme whole areas using our building sets, and get creative with a huge variety of scenery pieces! You can choose from a variety of pre-made rides and buildings that will kick-start your park, and can help you find some inspiration. You can make your parks suit your tastes, and blow the minds of all who enter it!

If you're looking to test your skills, then dare to enter the Challenge Mode! You'll be faced with objectives and low funds, which will keep you on your toes and have you thinking methodically on how to satisfy your guests. Don't forget: a happy customer is a paying customer! Take care of your guests in Challenge Mode, and they'll be sure to keep your parks up and running.

Our PlanCo Fam are renowned for sharing their creations, and you'll find a wealth of blueprints on the Steam Workshop that you'll adore. The Steam Workshop will be available for anyone who plays on the Mac Steam version. Enhance your parks with astounding blueprints that will keep your guests coming back for more, and share all of your awesome builds with your fellow community members, so they can be inspired by what you have created, and use it in their parks.

We're so grateful to release Planet Coaster on Mac, with Aspyr. Thank you for all the support you have given us over the years, by letting us know you'd like to enjoy the Planet Coaster experience on Mac. We are looking forward to seeing the Mac community grow, and seeing what you all share with the PlanCo Fam. What will you create first?

Planet Coaster for Mac is available to purchase on Steam and the Mac App Store for $44.99/£29.99/€37.99 (base game). Additional DLC will be available for individual purchase, ranging from $10.99/£7.99/€10.99 to $14.99/£12.99/€14.99, including:

• Planet Coaster - Ghostbusters™
• Planet Coaster - Classic Rides Collection
• Planet Coaster - Magnificent Rides Collection
• Planet Coaster - World's Fair Pack
• Planet Coaster - Vintage Pack
• Planet Coaster - Studios Pack
• Planet Coaster - Adventure Pack
• Planet Coaster - Spooky Pack

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Congratulations Frontier and Aspyr with the launch of Planet Coaster on Mac!!! 🥳 🎊 🎉 🎡

Welcome to the amazing, heart-warming & incredibly brilliant PlanCo Fam, everyone! 💙
Today marks the start of your wildest rides and awesome adventures in the parks of your dreams! The Planet Coaster forums as well as the Steam Workshop are filled with breathtaking creations, all for you to enjoy, play with and share with fellow players!

Buckle up & enjoy the ride, Coaster Friends! 💙 🎢

Happy Birthday Planet Coaster and all the wonderful Planfam and gorgeous folk at Frontier.

And welcome to the family, all you console and Mac players.

I can't believe this amazing adventure started 4 and a half years ago if you include Alpha and nearly 5 years from when this amazing Planet Coaster community started.

This is far more than a game. I've met some amazing people here. Right from the first time I came to Frontier Studios and met all you lovely folk of Team Frontier and at the Planco launch event, when I met many of the community for the first time, I knew I was among an incredible bunch of people.

And over the last 4 years, at the many events and meet ups I've been to, I've found genuine friends and a sense of family. Although I haven't seen any of you in this crazy year, there's some of you I speak to pretty much every day.

I can't wait until I see you all again, and meet all you new members, in 2021.

So again, Happy Birthday to Planco and to all our Planfam. Hope this ride goes on for many years.

Much love <3

Malc

Top Bottom