Hatched Security Bar in Faction Status

In Faction Status, there are 2 bars.
For Economy, my assumption is yellowis Bust, Dark Blue is Boom, light blue Investment. Red is Famine

Security, red is lockdown, yellow civil unrest, blue is civil liberty, but what's that hatched area between none and civil liberty? And why do some factions have the marker inthe boom area of the bar, but that section is hatched out and they never go into boom?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure I understand. I read the thread, and became even more confused than I was before.

If the hatched area is still none, why is it there? What's the difference between none in the white box, and none in the hatched area?

Why do some factions have a hatched area and some don't? Within the same system that is. Some are slightly in boom and others are slightly in the same section yet their's is hatched and they're not in boom.

What's different (advantages or disadvantages) about a faction, (in terms of: missions on offer, effects on influence gains/losses), between being in none white, and none hatched?

I can't seem to understand it in terms of the way it's explained there, of what it's there for, other than "hey, you're getting there"

So, you have the economy/security bar, and the slider represents the stat. Getting the slider to certain parts causes faction states to be pending. If, getting the economy one to 80% to the right, is the trigger for boom, in a particular system, why have the colour section at say 70? And then you get to 70%, and it changes and says hey, THIS is where you need to get it to now.

In short, what's the PURPOSE of the hatched area, and what changes when you reach it? If "finishing" the hatched area causes boom/bust etc, what does "starting" it cause? I'm assuming it doesn't alter the faction state, but it must surely do something? Otherwise, I can't really understand what the purpose is?

I'll try to take one later on. In essence, in our home system, the hexagon on the security bar is now in the hatched area, firmly, on right panel influence in system faction status, in the squadron allegiance, as you mentioned in that thread some info seems to have a delay and not agree with others immediately.

The faction status isn't civil liberty yet. The thread seems to explain it as that once we move out the other side of the hatched area, THEN civil liberty will go into pending. That part I think I get.

My question is, until that happens, what's changed? What's the difference between the central white None section that gives no faction state, and the hatched blue area that also gives no faction state? It presumably serves a purpose, I just am not sure if I understand what that is.

Does being in the hatched area alter mission boards? Or perhaps alter the amount of influence gained from various sources? Does it make certain other states more/less likely? Or affect happiness? In the same system, would the hatched area be the same size for each faction in that system, and for each occasion, or, let's say in 6 months time, it might be bigger (require more work to attain the faction status change), or smaller (less work)? I've reread the thread and I believe I'm missing some info to understand what I'm reading

Thanks in advance

In short, what's the PURPOSE of the hatched area, and what changes when you reach it? If "finishing" the hatched area causes boom/bust etc, what does "starting" it cause? I'm assuming it doesn't alter the faction state, but it must surely do something? Otherwise, I can't really understand what the purpose is?

The purpose seems to be that states don't flip back and forth if you are right at the dividing point. The hatched area represents that you are close to trigger the higher/lower state but need to push a bit more to get it done. Lets say the divide between 2 states is at 60%. If you are right at the divide 1 pos/neg mission would push you over and the new state would be pending the next day. The next day you have the opposite input and the pending states would flip back. With moving the trigger up/down with the hatched area you prevent this from happening and system states are a bit more stable. Lets say the hatched area represents 6% and the midpoint is at 60%. Now you need 63% to trigger the higher state or 57% to trigger the lower. The hatched area extents the range of the current state. You could also have the hatched area always showing and have it represent the neutral area between states. That would have the same effect, but would look a little messy on the graph, that's why I assume FDev did it this way.

So it's a buffer zone to give a bit of relative stability?

With your 57-63 analogy then, so, going from 50 to 60 to 50 wouldn't change a thing in terms of state. And going from 65 to 60 to 65 wouldn't cause the end of the state, only going below 57, right? Useful to know

Does the hatched area size depend on population?

If you were pushing Sol into Boom, would the hatched size be the same size and thresholds each time in that system? And then other systems will have their own sizes. Or, could the pre boom hatching change time to time.

Let's say, Sol, boom hatching is, 57-63. Now 6 months later, it's at none, approaching boom. Would it be the same width, 6% in this example, or, would it vary? Would this second later boom in the same system also be 57-63, or might it be 60-66, or 55-61 for instance?

So it's a buffer zone to give a bit of relative stability?

With your 57-63 analogy then, so, going from 50 to 60 to 50 wouldn't change a thing in terms of state. And going from 65 to 60 to 65 wouldn't cause the end of the state, only going below 57, right? Useful to know

Does the hatched area size depend on population?

If you were pushing Sol into Boom, would the hatched size be the same size and thresholds each time in that system? And then other systems will have their own sizes. Or, could the pre boom hatching change time to time.

Let's say, Sol, boom hatching is, 57-63. Now 6 months later, it's at none, approaching boom. Would it be the same width, 6% in this example, or, would it vary? Would this second later boom in the same system also be 57-63, or might it be 60-66, or 55-61 for instance?
If you want to get down and dirty about it... it's an S-R Latch system.

What determines the size of the hatching... that's speculated on.

Top Bottom