Haunted House with Lightning show

So this is my first real proper detailed scenery piece.

Having played the game a good while now, I wanted to branch out into creating workshop items. My first inspiration was a haunted house. This is for display purposes only and has no real functionality.

I wanted to test my skills at using pieces not just as they were intended but finding other uses, letting my mind go where ever I wanted. My plan is to continue creating workshop items. I've been really inspired by the feature creators Bo and the team share on livestreams etc. I'd love to get there. Maybe one day. Anyways I digress. My first item a haunted house..... By day, a rickety shack of a building that come night illuminates purple and green. Every hour there is a sequenced lightning show with light and sound.

Workshop link

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1101521611

Some photos, sadly no videos as yet. Please keep your eyes peeled for my workshop thread and of course I welcome any constructive feedback.

Scott

mvEiCvj.jpg

mWdggfm.jpg

dPjyZXT.jpg

NxA76NO.jpg

2BcXxNz.jpg

CXKw3eH.jpg

Looks really good, I like it. I've always been a fan of spooky things. I especially like the lighting, I subscribed and I'm looking forward to placing this in my next park.

This looks incredible!

Be sure to give other people credit if you use their workshop objects. I see my roof there...are there others too? [wink]

This looks incredible!

Be sure to give other people credit if you use their workshop objects. I see my roof there...are there others too? [wink]

In all fairness the roof is taken from your build yes, but I'd seen it done a million times over and was easier than me placing a load of pieces myself so apologies if I offended but it's one single roof.

The only other borrowed item are the gravestones. As again they were what I had seen elsewhere.

Thanks everyone else for your support.

My point is that if you use someone else's blueprint as a part of your blueprint and then release the whole thing as your own blueprint it is common courtesy to credit the people whose blueprints you used inside of your blueprint...otherwise it's stealing. I spent hours making those roofs. I'm glad it made your job easier though...that's why I shared them. [big grin]

I really do like what you made with it though!!! I'm not dissing your hard work, Scott. It looks really, really cool. [up]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
My point is that if you use someone else's blueprint as a part of your blueprint and then release the whole thing as your own blueprint it is common courtesy to credit the people whose blueprints you used inside of your blueprint...otherwise it's stealing. I spent hours making those roofs. I'm glad it made your job easier though...that's why I shared them. [big grin]

I really do like what you made with it though!!! I'm not dissing your hard work, Scott. It looks really, really cool. [up]

Stealing isn't the right word here; all creations and workshop items of Planet Coaster are copyrighted by Frontier Developments plc. It is irrelevant who created those items.

On the other hand; it can be greatly appreciated if you give credit to the creator(s) of items that you use for your own items.

Nice work Scott! That haunted house looks really cool!
Those roofs look nice as well, Fisherman. :)

Stealing isn't the right word here; all creations and workshop items of Planet Coaster are copyrighted by Frontier Developments plc. It is irrelevant who created those items.

On the other hand; it can be greatly appreciated if you give credit to the creator(s) of items that you use for your own items.

Nice work Scott! That haunted house looks really cool!
Those roofs look nice as well, Fisherman. :)

You know what I meant. Stealing may not be the best word for it but not giving credit to the one who did the work is totally not right or fair. Regardless, I've talked with Scott and all is well. He gave me credit on the Workshop description of his blueprint. And, thank you for the compliment.

I wish there was a way to make this a working attraction, like a walk-through. Maybe as a workaround for now, you can build path through it and make a walk-through inside and put walls to separate paths to create hallways. I still wish they would give us a path type attraction that would act as a ride and you can charge admission, etc.

Top Bottom