Have it so intelligent dinosaurs would escape unpowered fences when given the opportunity

With the intelligent trait, these dinosaurs get a bit more difficult to contain because they would target anything interesting nearby their enclosure, so this ends up having players plan enclosures that would require a bit more space and security than other dinosaurs.

One suggestion I want to make is to have dinosaurs with the intelligent trait recognize unpowered fences, and may attempt to escape, even if they are in a comfortable state.

This could work in two ways.

Some dinosaurs like the megalosaurus would require a fence security of 4, and they could be incubated with an intelligent trait. If an intelligent megalosaurus were to spot that one of the fencing has been unpowered, and goes from a security level of 4 to 3, they then could seize the opportunity to escape from their enclosure, bashing through the weakened fence.

Other dinosaurs, like the concavenator, could also get the intelligent trait, but unlike the megalosaurus, they would instead climb out of their fence. Since the game now has 11 dinosaurs that climbs out of their fence, this could lead to much quicker escapes as the animal does not need to break through the barrier and simply climb over it.

I am bringing this up as I often experience a frequent form of sabotage where certain fences around the park could be deactivated by disgruntled staff. What should be an experience that is scary like the gates opening ends up being nothing to worry about, which I tend to ignore this form of sabatogue as it does nothing to harm my park. Seeing as how intelligent dinosaurs are exclusive in sandbox and challenge mode, I think this small tweak could make the experience much more exhilarating. Having intelligent dinosaurs identify the unpowered fencing would increase the risk of escape if these unpowered fences were holding in intelligent dinosaurs.

An intelligent dinosaur should be able to test the fence and seize the window of opportunity to escape if presented, comfortable or not, it is now or never for these clever girls to take action.

As I was playing my current game, the aforementioned deactivated fencing sabotage came up, and my concavenator enclosure got affected by it.

Jurassic World Evolution 2_20240427150421.jpg

This is what I was referring to. Had my concavenator been an intelligent one, she would have taken this as a means to escape her enclosure. It would make this threat much more serious if intelligent dinosaurs were to take advantage of these unpowered fencing. As is, it is just an odd unpowered fence that does nothing to affect my park negatively.

Top Bottom