Headtracking lag when in supercruise/framshift

Hi Rifters!

I'm getting massive headtracking lag in supercruise/frameshift mode. I've tried DVI to HDMI, direct to HDMI, Aero enabled and disabled. I've tried with the power adapter in and out. I've tried both the new and previous versions of the AMD drivers. I've tried SOLO play, just in case.

r9 290 trix oc, i5 3570 3.4ghz, 8 gb ram.

I'm certain it's headtracking lag, because I can keep my head still and start doing barrel rolls and it's smooth.

Any ideas?

Is it lag (i.e. a delay between you moving your head, and the game responding), or is it a juddering effect (which I'm currently experiencing)? Are you using Extended Mode or Direct Mode? DK1 or DK2?

DK2, Extended. If I don't move my head the game is smooth, the moment I start moving my head, the tracking starts to chop.

I had major juddering in supercruise last night - switched to solo game and it disappeared. Sounds like you've tried that though.

I quit playing ED for a month or so and it was fine during my previous sessions. I had at least 60 hrs in ED with the Rift and I only ever got lag of any sort in space stations.

Top Bottom