Helmet For Librarian?

Hi hi!

Would it be possible to have a full helmet option for the Librarian? I understand for lore reasons the Chaplain cannot take his helmet off and I imagine this was done to counterbalance that in a way, but I really prefer to have fully helmeted squads. There's nothing stopping a Librarian from wearing a helmet to my knowledge and it would fit my preferred aesthetic a lot more.

Loving the game so much, this is just my only tiny nitpick. Thank you!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Complex Games have worked closely with Games Workshop to ensure models are authentic to current Warhammer 40K designs. Most of the current range of Librarians are focused on going helmetless and that has been reflected in the designs. I assume the lack of helmet is to ensure the enemies can see how doomed they are when eyes start glowing with psyker energy.

I definitely can see the inspiration Paul and I really appreciate the reply! Though I will say the blasty-focused Librarian feels a little outdone by his Paladin brothers currently since Fury Of The Ancients can reach an impressive 12 damage with a knockback compared to the Vortex's 8. I'd like to see the WC improve the damage further and/or some more love be given to the Smite ability - throwing mind lightning is a venerable pass time of the Emperor's finest!

Getting back to the customization subject I will just say one of the main things I love about this game is the ability to truly make your knights feel personal to you just like on the tabletop. It is such an easy matter to run a Librarian with a helmet in real life that I will admit I'll still be a little disappointed if the option is never added here. The team has put so much love and passion into the game though and as I mentioned, I'm really enjoying it otherwise. Hope everyone at the office is having a nice break after a pretty damn good launch! :D

https://i.redd.it/9frvmopj5cj71.jpg (Librarian helmeted model example)

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I'm a big fan of the Paladin but I will say, if you can get a Librarian and give them the 'Warpscorn' armour or equivalent (Where their psychic attacks do not affect the Warp Surge) you can unleash some entertaining doom. Also do not snooze on that lovely warp reduction ability.

Top Bottom