Help - im desperate for my ship back

Im sure the whole developer team gets requests like these all the time but i just want to say how dumb of a situation i just went through. I just completed a couple of planetary scan missions at least worth like 5-6 million and to turn them in i had to get fuel at a nearby station. So, during these scan mission i gathered a couple bounties and was wanted in the system which wouldnt be a big deal usually. I also was going to this station to pay my bounties. I get to the station and am immediately attacked by the federation and i try to fsd out but am destroyed at the last bar until. At this time i only have 1.4 million and with my krait mk.II i dont have enough to rebuy and the creditors loan wont let me rebuy. All im asking is please to get my ship back ive been playing this game like 2 weeks straight to get it. Please.

Last edited:
Are you not able to deselect some of the guns or modules from the insurance screen to bring the rebuy down?

If not, you can try submitting a support ticket. But...

And I hope this doesn't come across as unsympathetic, but you lost your ship because you had a bounty, and you were unable to avoid being scanned when you tried to dock with wanted status, and that's kind of what is supposed to happen, you're wanted, found out and destroyed.

Support are very helpful, but to be honest as this was not a mistake or a bug, they might well decline to refund you.

Moving forward (and two weeks isn't really very long, I've been playing for over five years!), you'll make what you need to replace your Krait in less time than it took you before. Your knowledge of the game is better than it was when you first started and you'll be getting the same level of missions as you had because your reputation with factions won't have declined. Use it as a learning process, and next time you take on a mission that might get you a bounty plan to visit an Interstellar Factors (in any low security system) so you can pay it off before you do anything else, or learn how to get into a station without being scanned. Speed is your friend there.

Good luck... :)

Are you not able to deselect some of the guns or modules from the insurance screen to bring the rebuy down?

If not, you can try submitting a support ticket. But...

And I hope this doesn't come across as unsympathetic, but you lost your ship because you had a bounty, and you were unable to avoid being scanned when you tried to dock with wanted status, and that's kind of what is supposed to happen, you're wanted, found out and destroyed.

Support are very helpful, but to be honest as this was not a mistake or a bug, they might well decline to refund you.

Moving forward (and two weeks isn't really very long, I've been playing for over five years!), you'll make what you need to replace your Krait in less time than it took you before. Your knowledge of the game is better than it was when you first started and you'll be getting the same level of missions as you had because your reputation with factions won't have declined. Use it as a learning process, and next time you take on a mission that might get you a bounty plan to visit an Interstellar Factors (in any low security system) so you can pay it off before you do anything else, or learn how to get into a station without being scanned. Speed is your friend there.

Good luck... :)
Yeah i deselected all parts and i didnt let me. But yeah i understand ill try and work on it, its just a bit frustrating

Two weeks straight and you're already in a krait? What's the rush?

I hope you didn't sell all the ships you used to get the krait. Take it slow. Small ships are fantastic anyway. Especially for scan missions. I'm not even kidding, you don't even have to leave your ship for them.

Go on YouTube, & type in "how to have the best start in elite dangerous"
(The updated versions, after the Jan update)
If things don't work out...
You can always use road to riches, to get enough cash quickly enough to get enough cash for a Re-buy so so quickly!
On the plus side...
You will never fly without the re-buy again...

At least you've had a valuable opportunity for learning here. However much of a drag it might seem to earn those few extra credits for a rebuy before buying your flashy new ship, it's nothing like as much of a drag as earning the credits to buy your flashy new ship again.

Probably OP'll get on to Support who will cave in to any sob story. Then we can look forward to an 'I lost my Cutter because I had no rebuy' thread in another 2 weeks ;)

You can't just fly into a station willy nilly when you have a bounty on you. Basically, when you're wanted, you mustn't go anywhere near the police because they will scan you and kill you. If you have to enter the station, you can avoid them scanning you if you line up with its axis at around 6km out, then fly straight in with 4 pips to engines at a moderate speed, say 250 m/s, until you reach the toast rack, then you can start slowing down as you go through the slot. Do not use the docking computer outside the slot, but you can use it as soon as you've passed through. If you're still wanted when you leave the station, line up with the slot, wait until it's clear and boost out with 4 pips to engines, and keep boosting until you're clear of the cops. Occasionally, there might be one or more further out dealing with some other criminal, so look out for them and boost in a different direction.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
🍿🍿🍿

Number one rule. Do not fly without rebuy.
"Don't fly what you can't afford to lose" is the version I prefer. There are people that can help you get back on your feet, OP. Earning money is easy nowadays, and you will soon laugh about (ok, maybe not laugh ...) the loss, chalking it up as experience. You'll get the money and ship back, and nothing can take away your experience.

"Don't fly what you can't afford to lose" is the version I prefer. There are people that can help you get back on your feet, OP. Earning money is easy nowadays, and you will soon laugh about (ok, maybe not laugh ...) the loss, chalking it up as experience. You'll get the money and ship back, and nothing can take away your experience.
Don't fly without a refill.
ERoR2M-VAAgq56g

Top Bottom