Help! Issues with Alternate Flight Controls (XBOne Controller)

So I'm new to ED (Hello!), I'm playing on my Vive with my Xbox controller and I'm trying to bind my keys, but I can't seem to get it right.

The way I have it set up, my left stick thrusts my ship forward/back and rolls it left/right. I bound the alternate flight control key to the right stick "click" so that when it's enabled, the left stick will instead thrust up/down/left/right to make it easier to land, maneuver asteroid fields, and such.

That is where I'm having issues. When enabled, I can get it to thrust left and right, but when I thrust up/down it ALSO thrusts forward/back at the same time. Is there something I'm missing?

I checked and made sure the throttle wasn't bound to my left stick, just in case (it wansn't). I've tried every combination I can think of and the only way I can get it to stop doing it is to remove the thrust form my left stick, which I can do, but it's inconvenient as I like controlling forward/thrust with the left stick.

Is this a bug, or is it working as intended? I thought the alternate flight controls would override my other bindings when enabled, which it sort of does for all functions except forward/back trust.

One thought, there are 2 types of forward/back thrust: there is the engines and the thrusters. So you need to check throttle and thrusters are mapped correctly.

One thought, there are 2 types of forward/back thrust: there is the engines and the thrusters. So you need to check throttle and thrusters are mapped correctly.

Thanks for the reply!

The throttle is bound to my LB & RB (default settings). The only one that is bound to my left stick is the thruster forward/back.

I want the forward/back thrust to be replaced with up/down thrust when I enable the alternate flight controls. But instead or overriding the standard controls, it seems to combine them for some reason, so I go up and forward, or down and backward.

Everything else works. For example, I have my roll bound to the left stick also and when I enable the alternate controls it overrides the roll with left/right thrust, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom