Ships Help me with the challenger.

I love this ship, I freaking love it, BUT (there's always a but with Lakon) WHAT TO DO WITH THE SECOND RANK 6 COMPARTMENT !!!! It bother me so much. nothing to fit in there only rank 5 things that could help.

Dear elite community , i need your help , what do you put in this superb but totaly useless rank 6 empty place (i mean it could be a rank 5 , the ship may be the same...)

Ofc i'm not trying some explorer/ miner/ troll build with my challenger and his 3 military compartment....
I focus on combat (mostly pve), nothing more.

All ideas are welcome (dont crusader/chief me thats all).

Ps : i see some SCB coming but i'm not running some shield build unless there is some really good ones .

I love this ship, I freaking love it, BUT (there's always a but with Lakon) WHAT TO DO WITH THE SECOND RANK 6 COMPARTMENT !!!! It bother me so much. nothing to fit in there only rank 5 things that could help.

Dear elite community , i need your help , what do you put in this superb but totaly useless rank 6 empty place (i mean it could be a rank 5 , the ship may be the same...)

Ofc i'm not trying some explorer/ miner/ troll build with my challenger and his 3 military compartment....

Ps : i see some SCB coming but i'm not running some shield build unless there is some really good ones .
I use it as a swing slot based on what I plan on doing. Sometimes it's a cargo rack, sometimes it's an extra C5 HRP, usually it's a C6A fuel scoop 'cause I tend to wander a bit and the ship is pretty short-ranged.

Cargo rack for a pirate build
SCB for a shield tank build
Fuel scoop for an explorer/jumper build
HRP for a combat build (losing one "size")

I love that it's a c6 instead of a c5 actually, because of those options.

6C fuel scoop for combat type builds. Cheap yet fast filling, ideal for this ship to get places.

6E cargo rack for other generic build types.

Passenger cabins are another possibility...combine with a bunch of extra fuel tanks and a size 3 Guardian FSD Booster. Be different.

Well thanks , I was already using the fuel scoop sometimes I guess i'll stay with It and use it like TheGrimCorsair , as a swap thing. Was wondering if i were missing some rank 6 cool stuff that could fit in there :(.
Thank for your replies !
o7

Ahah nice build i admit i love flying this ship so why not DC mining with it.

Just out of curiosity does some have good PVE or PVP combat build ? Because atm I have some issue with my challenger , i keep getting my weapon malfunctionning at 90% hull with 3 MRP ( one rank 4 one rnak 3 and one rank 2).. is this normal ?

No collector limpet?
It's for DC mining only and most cracked roids drop 12 - 14 frags and perhaps 8 - 10 surface chunks so I collect them manually, also having an FSD booster fitted makes the sales run a lot easier

The Challenger has great low speed agility and as the primary frags tend to cluster together collecting them manually isn't a big deal, I reckon it's less annoying than waiting on two limpets to self destruct and launching two more.....etc ;)

I also have an all miner variant https://s.orbis.zone/53mp but TBH the SSDM isn't worth the effort and the mining laser wont add all that much additional ore so I usually run with a pure DC mining build.

If you're having trouble with your weapons falling off on the Challenger, and you already have 3 MRP's, the issue isn't the MRP's. I usually run 2 and don't have much trouble with wear and tear on them unless I'm getting in way over my head. You're not lightweighting your weapons, are you?

You could toss an AMFU in that C6 slot to compensate. Run a high/low combo of MRP's (Like a C4+C1) or something like that. It's been awhile and I don't have my exact configuration at hand.

Dumbfires and Seekers are just gonna work over your surface hardpoints if you don't have PDS, there's not much to do about 'em but try and keep your shields between them and you, and out of their field of fire when your shields are down.

Oh, and don't get overly spammy with the boost. The Challenger's Boost isn't terrible in terms of speed, but its cruising speed is anemic for its class. Leads to an impulse to want to hammer it to go fast but all you're gonna do is throw yourself out of position, particularly against similarly slow or slower opponents. Most enemies that are dramatically faster than you will be more maneuverable, so doing more than keeping them in weapons range isn't worth the excess energy expenditure.

If you're having trouble with your weapons falling off on the Challenger, and you already have 3 MRP's, the issue isn't the MRP's. I usually run 2 and don't have much trouble with wear and tear on them unless I'm getting in way over my head. You're not lightweighting your weapons, are you?

You could toss an AMFU in that C6 slot to compensate. Run a high/low combo of MRP's (Like a C4+C1) or something like that. It's been awhile and I don't have my exact configuration at hand.

Dumbfires and Seekers are just gonna work over your surface hardpoints if you don't have PDS, there's not much to do about 'em but try and keep your shields between them and you, and out of their field of fire when your shields are down.

Oh, and don't get overly spammy with the boost. The Challenger's Boost isn't terrible in terms of speed, but its cruising speed is anemic for its class. Leads to an impulse to want to hammer it to go fast but all you're gonna do is throw yourself out of position, particularly against similarly slow or slower opponents. Most enemies that are dramatically faster than you will be more maneuverable, so doing more than keeping them in weapons range isn't worth the excess energy expenditure.

really usefull info in there , thank you ,. as for weapon falling of yeah i run with 2 or 3 MRP 2x2 and 1x4 but i'm pretty sure they fall because of many seekers i face in PVE and maybe ramming at the wrong place.

Top Bottom